LD Mike Koster - Univ. of Minnesota, NCAA (2019, 146th, TOR)

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I saw some saying his skating was a problem, but it just shows how poor some of the "scouting" is. He has always been a good skater. His skating has improved so he is even better now, but the reports were still inaccurate. Another local guy, Brinkman, was described as needing to add strength. The kid was 220 lbs. of muscle at the time. Another kid(who i know very well) was called fast, when he is anything but.

Beware of internet scouts, especially when it comes to guys further down the lists. I can understand being wrong on projections, but not on basic strengths and weaknesses of a players game.
When you hire a C- scout in NHL.

Mar 12, 2009
Undersized defenseman In his 3rd season of NCAA hockey, about to turn 22, having a really solid college season production wise with 25 points in 35 games for U of Minnesota.

Can any Gopher or NCAA followers tell me anything about him? What kind of player is he? Any NHL or AHL upside?

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
He appears to be turning a corner this year. Next year his responsibilities will grow substantially. If he continues to progress I believe he will at least get a shot in some NHL games. I don't think he will be a top 4 D man in the NHL. When not up and down with the big club, he will be solid in the AHL for as long as he wants to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad