LD Matthew Timms - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2017 Undrafted)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I think it's very likely that he gets picked this time around. Last year he didn't put up the numbers that would warrant a team to select him (couple that with some skating issues).

That said he's logging big minutes as a young 18 year old this year, he's showing his offensive upside and for a 5'10 player he plays feisty and battles very hard (also plays smart), which is what scouts wanna see with smaller players. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up getting picked.. but who knows maybe he'll go un-drafted again due to size (which i personally think would be foolish).

pp_4_matthew_timms_ep.jpg

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=267713

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
For the sake of argument shouldn't the title of this thread be:

LD Matthew Timms - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2016 Undrafted)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
The combination of being undersized and being only an average skater is likely to hurt him big time in the eyes of NHL scouts. Kind of a similar guy to Darren Raddysh, who went through a few drafts despite putting up good numbers on good teams.

Would I take him with a late round pick? Absolutely. His vision and playmaking ability is among the best of any defender in the OHL. In particular, his ability to run the powerplay is very impressive. And as you said, he plays bigger than he is.

But do I expect an NHL team to take him? I'd say he's a longshot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad