LD Luke Hughes (2021, 4th, NJD)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yet Paul was a terrific skater. First time i went to see Griffin i was expecting to see a chip off the old block, i left disappointed.
Paul has the resources to hire a skating coach for his boys once they got to a point where they were looking like high end players for their age.

I'm also surprised that Andrew Cassels kid Cole was a poor skater. Figured the sons of former NHLers would have had all the necessary resources to improve their game.

It hasn't impaired the Tkachuck boys, but again, their dad had the resources to hire coaches to improve their skating as well.

So, kind of surprised to hear that skating is an issue for the kids of former NHLers.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Paul has the resources to hire a skating coach for his boys once they got to a point where they were looking like high end players for their age.

I'm also surprised that Andrew Cassels kid Cole was a poor skater. Figured the sons of former NHLers would have had all the necessary resources to improve their game.

It hasn't impaired the Tkachuck boys, but again, their dad had the resources to hire coaches to improve their skating as well.

So, kind of surprised to hear that skating is an issue for the kids of former NHLers.

see Brett Hull

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Luke hughes playing for u17 usa development team next season, and he's also a dman like quinn.

Lead all dmen in his league last season by 20 points.

Interestingly, he is almost one of the absolute youngest in his draft season September 7th and the deadline is September 15th, while Quinn was one of the oldest in his draft year (born at beginning of october)

Also, Luke is 15 and all ready taller than both Quinn and jack.

Reactions: Tube Skates

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Luke could be a really special prospect. People say his game is a clone of Quinn's. He is a late birthday, one of the youngest in his class. And is already 6 foot tall. those 3 sound deadly together. I think he has to be at the very top of the draft in discussions. Can't wait to see next season when all these 03s hit major junior and we can actually get more to see and read.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014

Seriously!? You think it’s as simple as paying for lessons from top skating instructors ? Tons of NHLAlumni have kids who couldn’t skate... regardless of genetics or how much coin they threw at top skating coaches. I have a theory .. NHLers tend to marry -and have offspring - with unathletic eye -candy . In rare cases jr inherits most of dads genes and becomes an NHLer but majority of time those NHL genes get blunted by the trophy moms DNA and the poor kid is a lifetime ankle bender .

Reactions: wetcoast

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Seriously!? You think it’s as simple as paying for lessons from top skating instructors ? Tons of NHLAlumni have kids who couldn’t skate... regardless of genetics or how much coin they threw at top skating coaches. I have a theory .. NHLers tend to marry -and have offspring - with unathletic eye -candy . In rare cases jr inherits most of dads genes and becomes an NHLer but majority of time those NHL genes get blunted by the trophy moms DNA and the poor kid is a lifetime ankle bender .

It is actually very simple. Their mom is a very good skater and taught them all how to skate. She said it in an interview.

Reactions: covfefe

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
It is actually very simple. Their mom is a very good skater and taught them all how to skate. She said it in an interview.
That actually helps his argument with the genetics. Mama Hughes was an elite skater along with Papa. The kids got a double dose of good genes for hockey.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Luke hughes playing for u17 usa development team next season, and he's also a dman like quinn.

Lead all dmen in his league last season by 20 points.

Interestingly, he is almost one of the absolute youngest in his draft season September 7th and the deadline is September 15th, while Quinn was one of the oldest in his draft year (born at beginning of october)

Also, Luke is 15 and all ready taller than both Quinn and jack.

So, Luke will let himself be measured at the combine, then? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Teemu

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Have any of you “but...but...JaReD StAaL” people actually watched the kid play? Nah, you haven’t, cause he’s 15....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad