LD Lucas St. Louis - Brunswick School, USHS-Prep (2023 Draft)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Son of former NHLer Martin St. Louis. Dubuque has his USHL rights and he played 2 games for this this year and had an assist. Guessing he plays in the USHL for Dubuque next season. Committed to Harvard, and projected to play there for the 23/24 season.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I like his game more than his older brother. His problem is that he’s a small defensive defensemen. There aren’t many of those in the NHL. He’s like Tyler Duke-lite. He should be drafted, but it’s probably going to be pretty low in the draft. Still a season to go though.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like his game more than his older brother. His problem is that he’s a small defensive defensemen. There aren’t many of those in the NHL. He’s like Tyler Duke-lite. He should be drafted, but it’s probably going to be pretty low in the draft. Still a season to go though.
Do you know if he will be in the USHL next year?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Who's the best out of all the brothers? Ryan went undrafted last year, Lucas looks good and Mason seems to have a fair amount of hype behind him. Anyone know?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Do you know if he will be in the USHL next year?
I don’t, but I think he will play more than two games because playing USHL will help scouts determine his draft stock. He may split time between the two.

I think he also has a good chance to play at the Hlinka this summer. He played in the main preparation tournament for that last summer with the other non-NTDP 2005 born American players.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
He's just not a good player. No hockey IQ and for every nice pass he makes, he seemingly turns it over 10 times. He's been the team's worst player in the first 2 games.
I thought the exact same while listening to Button continuously sing his praises over the first two games. There are several American defensemen who should have been getting the opportunities St. Louis has, judging from what I have seen. Like his older brother, his skill and IQ isn’t there to make up for the size disadvantages and odds are he won’t even be drafted.

Reactions: William H Bonney

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s been a disaster. I didn’t think he was too good last year, but thought he might be better than the older one. The older one is a spare forward level of completely forgettable player. This guy can hurt his team, despite probably being more talented, and that’s because his hockey sense is terrible. He can skate, he plays physical, and has some agility handling/passing, but he makes such terrible decisions in all phases of the game.

Maybe he’s having a terrible few games and all that is. I wouldn’t want to banish his career due to a couple of games during the summer, but I don’t think he’s a draftable player as of now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Did the Americans select him over better available dman? I’ve watched every American game and he’s been a disaster as @Pavel Buchnevich says above. He misplaces passes very often, and makes downright bad decisions.
I think it’s likely there might be one or two who could do better, but these are pretty much the back up 2005’s, so if he’s the worst of 8 on the roster, he’s like 15th best.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Didn't get drafted, but I thought he had a good season. Maybe next year. The name certainly won't hurt him getting a chance in the coming years if he earns it.

My scouting report for his USHL season.

I liked his game more than the summer. During the summer he was trying to do way too much, and be like a Bobby Orr. He doesn’t have that type of ability, and it led to a lot of turnovers and poor defensive shifts from him. With Dubuque, I quite liked his play. If anything, I’d say he’s an underrated player. He skates well, even for 5’10. His skating is a legit asset. He also has some touch with the puck. It’s not an elite puck game, but I can see him being a PP2 guy. Defensively, he’s competitive and his skating helps him a lot. He defends pretty well. What I’m most unsure about, aside from his size, is his hockey sense. I liked it more with Dubuque than what I saw this summer. I’m willing to chalk that up to summer hockey, but he does still make some stupid decisions that he shouldn’t be making. I think he’s a pick, but it’s hard to justify him being more than a late round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad