LD Kim Nousiainen - KalPa U20, FIN JRS (2019, 119th, LAK)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
A big darkhorse for the 2019 draft for me, Kim is a small being at 175 cm yet he's extremely mobile defender. I would describe as a defencive-first defender, but his transition game is unbelievable. He has an immense amount of hockey IQ, especially for the defending side of the game; possesses fantastic gap control, head is always up, and he has a superb active pokecheque. Additionally, I would label him as a player who plays bigger than his size says posting up some solid PIM numbers in Finland's junior A.

Not only this, but his mobility, skating, and IQ allows him to make smart jumps into the offencive zone. He was posting up 0.69 PPG last season as an underager and has continued that pace thus far this season in his draft year. Reminds me of a mixture between Jared Spurgeon with Samuel Girard's transition game. Look for him to potentially climb up the rankings as the season gets settled in.

Kim Nousiainen at eliteprospects.com

Last edited:

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Scored at a better rate last year than he has so far this year in the JR A. Hanging around 90-110 in my rankings this year with potential to rise, but being one of the older kids in the draft has me a little less excited about him based on his production and style of play. I could see him as a 2nd round pick with a great year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Anyone have any additional info on this kid?
He's gotten much more comfortable and his confidence has growth since the early goings of the season. Because of that, the coach has noticed this and has given him more ice-time in all situations lately, where his offence has unbeknownst exploded to a 0.81 pace. Still one of the draft's biggest darkhorse's for me.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Scored his first goal with KalPa's mens team in the Spengler cup semifinal against HC Davos. KalPa won 2-1 and will play in the final. No first Liiga goal yet though.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Named on the Spengler Cup media all-star team.

Linus Klasen (Davos) - Zach Boychuk (Canada) - Leonhard Pfoeder (Nurnberg)
Dante Fabbro (Canada) - Kim Nousiainen (KalPa)
Daniel Manzato (KalPa)

kiekkoisa

Jan 11, 2019
Solid performance today in Finland men second level match, mestis. Best player in rink. Opponent defenders were not able to match his speed at all. Great in offensive skills. Defensive abilities ok in mestis level.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
It's still July but he looked really impressive in the U20 nt practice games. Suberb skating and puck handling ability.

Should get a top4 role with KalPa as their defense looks pretty bad.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
It's still July but he looked really impressive in the U20 nt practice games. Suberb skating and puck handling ability.

Should get a top4 role with KalPa as their defense looks pretty bad.
Right now looks like he's gonna fight with Riekkinen and Vesterinen for the 7th d-man spot. He is the youngest and most talented of three, but there's not been many players whom been top-4 role as a 18 year old

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Everytime I see flashes of him, I notice his strong skating. At the time of the draft, I read he was 5'8'' but that is not the case anymore.

Kings fans are fairly optimistic about him but LA really suck with drafting Finns the last years.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
Everytime I see flashes of him, I notice his strong skating. At the time of the draft, I read he was 5'8'' but that is not the case anymore.

Kings fans are fairly optimistic about him but LA really suck with drafting Finns the last years.
he's 175 cm.. that is 5'-9" Fro..

get your math straight ;)

i bet if he gets an afro he'll be 6-1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad