LD Jasper Rannisto - Blainville Boisbriand Armada, QMJHL (2019 Undrafted)

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Jasper Rannisto scored HIFK's 5th goal today's A junior SM liiga game against Tappara.
Rannisto's Goal was game winning goal. HIFK won 5-1.

Torspo21

mailataikuri
Dec 15, 2009
Oijärvi
torspo21.blogspot.com
Last saturday I was watching HPK-HIFK (junior A) and was impressed by his willingness and ability to play physical game. I was surprised he was only 16. Didn't show much offense, though he got ice time on the power play and when HIFK was trying to tie the game (goalie pulled) at the end. But then he was few years younger than the guys he played against.

Last edited:

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
There are some things to like about Rannisto's game. He plays with good intensity, has a heavy shot and shows good mobility for a player of his size. However, he lacks hockey sense and although he can move the puck quite well up the ice, his hands are a bit stiff. At this point, he's a decent prospect but the upside doesn't seem particularly high.

Shmookpup

Aug 8, 2016
I'm watching him closely and tonight, with Anttalainen out of the lineup, he has been receiving 1st-line minutes. I'm very impressed with his calm composure. Physicality is normally the focal point of his game, though I haven't seen much of it tonight. Offensively he has been quiet, though making smart passes and not taking many risks. Defensively, he clears the crease very well and uses his size to his advantage. Along with this, his skating has improved tremendously since the first few scrimmages of the preseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad