LD Jakub Zboril (2015, 13th, BOS)

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Definitely thread worthy.

Very smart and physical defenseman. Positioning is near flawless. Clears the front of the net , defends well with his stick and clears the puck. First pass is there. Footspeed is good. Heavy shot , needs to work on accuracy. Overall total package kind of player. Offensive upside may be limited but that remains to be seen given the fact he's only 13 games into his first season in North America.

I'll be seeing lots of him this season so will keep up posting.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
In the games I watched he wasn't afraid to join the rush offensively.

I'm not trying to say he's not offensive , moreso that his game is defense first. I did watch him on October 17th , where the Seadogs lost 7-0 , so he was focused on defence. If he does make it to the NHL , early indications are that he can , It'll be his defensive game and physicality that gets him there.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
I'm not trying to say he's not offensive , moreso that his game is defense first. I did watch him on October 17th , where the Seadogs lost 7-0 , so he was focused on defence. If he does make it to the NHL , early indications are that he can , It'll be his defensive game and physicality that gets him there.

I agree with you. Just saying there may be potential for more than a strict defensive player.

thething

Jul 28, 2014

From what I've seen from him this year I agree.

If someone is looking for a more offensive minded/talented defense man they can look to his teammate Thomas Chabot. He has a natural offensive instinct with his game. He is someone who has impressed me when I have watched SNB games, definitely a sleeper right now.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Zboril's almost for sure is going top 30. Could see him possibly going top 15 if a team needs a smart 2-way defensemen. I would love him for Montreal if only he was a RHD

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What this guy's game about and how does he compare to the other d-men in this draft? Seen him go in the top15 in some rankings, considering how many good d-men there is in this draft it's a bit surprising for a guy I almost know nothing about. Please enlighten me.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
What this guy's game about and how does he compare to the other d-men in this draft? Seen him go in the top15 in some rankings, considering how many good d-men there is in this draft it's a bit surprising for a guy I almost know nothing about. Please enlighten me.

Zboril is a guy who can do everything well on the ice. He's a big guy who's very mobile and agile with great hockey sense and solid offensive abilities. He can log #1 minutes and provide steady play in all situations, in all zones. I can see him playing in an NHL team's top-4, scoring maybe 30-35 pts per year and bringing a ton of key elements every night.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Zboril is a guy who can do everything well on the ice. He's a big guy who's very mobile and agile with great hockey sense and solid offensive abilities. He can log #1 minutes and provide steady play in all situations, in all zones. I can see him playing in an NHL team's top-4, scoring maybe 30-35 pts per year and bringing a ton of key elements every night.

Agree with you on everything.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Zboril's almost for sure is going top 30. Could see him possibly going top 15 if a team needs a smart 2-way defensemen. I would love him for Montreal if only he was a RHD

Don't know if it's still the case but when he played with LeBlanc he played on the right side and looked great there.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Agree with this. Zboril doesn't have any part of his game I'd call elite, but he does everything well and when he's on he can be quite dominant in terms of controlling the game. A middle pairing two-way D who can put up 30 points and play on both special teams seems like a reasonable projection if things go right.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Bump

Was ranked 23'rd in the consensus draft on HF right now. It sounds about right. Would really like to have Montreal draft him 1'st round.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
ProspectProfilesZboril.jpg

Swift skating defensive prospect, Jakub Zboril came over to North America this season after being selected 5th overall in the CHL Import Draft by the Saint John Sea Dogs. Prior to departing the Czech Republic, he played for Kometa Brno’s U20 team as a 16 year old, posting very strong offensive numbers for a young defenseman.

More at OTWinner.com :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad