LD Jacob Rombach - Spring Lake Park High School, USHS-MN (2025 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Huge defenseman at 6'5 already. He's not requiring a ton of development, like most of these huge defensemen usually are. He's kind of already a good player. I don't know that he's some beast out there dominating shifts, but 6'5, physical, skates well for such a tall defenseman, can move pucks, and he's pretty good in his own zone. If you wanted to be very optimistic, you could believe a player like this must have more potential and can become a beast. He's very thin for a player whose 6'5. He only weighs 181 pounds, so he might show more potential once he's 20-30 pounds heavier. Playing Minnesota High School hockey currently and Lincoln has his USHL rights. They took him in the first round, so he'll probably join them at some point.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bumping this thread.

I think he's going to get a lot of discussion in the upcoming year. He's a legit 6'5. Might even be like 6'6 or 6'7 from what it looks like. His teammate Adam Kleber is listed at 6'5, and he seriously looks about 2-3 inches taller than him to me (my guess would be Kleber is 6'4 and Rombach is 6'6).

He skates well overall and very well laterally for a defenseman his height. Very coordinated for such a big player, and he doesn't have any big hole in his game. He needs to continue to get better. He's more of a big guy with higher potential right now than a guy who is dominating shifts, but he has a lot of potential as a behemoth of a defenseman that skates well, has solid hands, and isn't a train wreck defensively. He's not the typical very big player that either dominates with his size or is very green with a lot of mistakes. He's somewhere in the middle of being this huge physical specimen that doesn't stand out good or bad yet.

I think he's probably a lock for the US Hlinka team in the summer. If he can start playing more assertive, I think he'll be a first round pick next year. If not, I still think with his potential that'll guarantee him 2nd or 3rd round, at the very least. Not saying he's like the next Power or Silayev or Simashev range player, but I guess you never know how he progresses in the next year and being so tall with real ability to play hockey will make him an intriguing draft prospect regardless.

Committed to Minnesota in October for 2025-26.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Big defensive defenseman, another year to grow offensively before going to the University of Minnesota. Always interested by Minnesotans who played HS for one of the non traditional powers in Minnesota, and Rombach played at Spring Lake Park, which hasn't been a power nor produced many elite players.

Will keep an eye on him in the USHL once 2024-25 starts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Big defensive defenseman, another year to grow offensively before going to the University of Minnesota. Always interested by Minnesotans who played HS for one of the non traditional powers in Minnesota, and Rombach played at Spring Lake Park, which hasm't been a power nor produced many elite players.

Will keep an eye on him in the USHL once 2024-25 starts.

Not much of a hockey program at all in Spring Lake Park, did produce David Backes though.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad