LD Jacob Paquette - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2017 Draft)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
kf_6_jacob_paquette_epa.jpg

He's among a small group of 2017 draft eligible dman that i've been impressed by this season (from the O). Hague looks to be the most promising player of the bunch but Paquette/Timmins/O'Grady are all guys that have alot of potential.

Paquette is a smart and physical player who played big minutes for Kingston as a 16 year old, hes already a very reliable player at such a young age.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=297973

Thankstoo

Jun 29, 2013
I have been following Paquette for some time. He projects as a solid 2nd to 3rd pairing shutdown D that every team covets. He's got great size, average speed, but his best attribute is his hockey IQ. He knows his limitations and plays to his strengths. His panic threshold is very high, never looks fazed under pressure. Blessed with plenty of size and a solid frame he plays more of a containment style of D versus being a strong physical presence.

He's that Nik Hjalmarsson type of player on a team's depth chart. May get overlooked by the Keith's and Seabrook's but plays an essential and critical role that every team requires.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I have been following Paquette for some time. He projects as a solid 2nd to 3rd pairing shutdown D that every team covets. He's got great size, average speed, but his best attribute is his hockey IQ. He knows his limitations and plays to his strengths. His panic threshold is very high, never looks fazed under pressure. Blessed with plenty of size and a solid frame he plays more of a containment style of D versus being a strong physical presence.

He's that Nik Hjalmarsson type of player on a team's depth chart. May get overlooked by the Keith's and Seabrook's but plays an essential and critical role that every team requires.

Sounds a lot like Griffin Reinhart, would that be a decent comparable?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad