LD Hugo Hell - Färjestad BK J20, J20 Nationell (2023 Draft)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I saw that he got 2 games in the SHL this year, despite being among the youngest players in next year's draft. Has anyone had a chance to see him play and have more info on him? Pretty unique name, lol.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I haven't wished for a kid to make the NHL this badly since Robin Big Snake.

Reactions: TK 421
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I haven't wished for a kid to make the NHL this badly since Robin Big Snake.
I feel like the NHL legislation needs to be amended to include that Hugo Hell will have the privilege of playing on every team to help boost jersey sales.

I hope this kid is just the meanest SOB and hits like a truck, just so you can say "You've gotta go through Hell to beat this team"

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I feel like the NHL legislation needs to be amended to include that Hugo Hell will have the privilege of playing on every team to help boost jersey sales.
f***ing THIS.

If he doesn't make the league it would be shittier than a mormon prom. Imagine how quickly Devils jerseys would sell out?

Reactions: KristichBabych

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I just can't wait to hear the play by play...

"To Hell"
"Back to Hell"

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Yeah to get the thread back on the crazy train, what kind of player is this guy and does he have a shot?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah to get the thread back on the crazy train, what kind of player is this guy and does he have a shot?
Playing at the J20 and SHL level as a 16 year old defenseman are generally good indicators.

This is part of a write-up from FC, the rest is behind a pay-wall
Hell is a smart defenseman that has great view of the ice. He plays with good puck activity and wants to have a puck moving role. Hell also acts with good mobility. He has smooth hands and is not afraid of holding on to the puck. Hell really impressed by making a lot of fast plays and passes to start counterattacks at the right moment before the opponent got settled. At the offensive blue line he ...

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Hugo Hell is such a great hockey name. Hope he makes it.

He's very young for his age group and he leads u17 defensemen in scoring at u-20s. Lindstein is listed as a top prospect but Hell is 9 months younger and his production's better. Who knows. Regardless, the age group doesn't look that amazing for Swedish defensemen.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
To add some substance to this thread, he appears to range from one of the more promising 2005 Swedes to not nearly as good as he looks on paper and not even close to one of the better 2005 Swedes.

Leo Carlsson is the only elite-level prospect.

Beneath him I'd have:

2. Otto Stenberg
3. Theo Lindstein
4. Hugo Hell
5. Noah Dower Nilsson
6. Kalle Carlsson
7. Liam Engstrom
8. Zeb Forsfjall
9. Jacob Sagadin
10. Axel Landen

Ok, here comes my summation and ranking of the 2005 group this season. What do i look for? Three things.
1. Compete level
2. Skill level
3. Habits

I think like this when i´m scouting. No competitiveness, than it won´t work on pro level. About skill level, i look for high skill level. Skating, passing, shooting etc. But the skill level needs to be really high to depend only on that. So the third one is good habits. Because if the player only relay on quite good skills, and have bad habits it won´t work on pro level. And you need world class skills to compensate for bad habits. So here are my list of the Swedish top prospects of the 2005 group.

Defenders:
1. Theo Lindstein, Brynäs
2. Axel Sandlin-Pelikka, Skellefteå
3. Arvid Bergström, Djurgården
4. Victor Westh, Färjestad
5. Edvin Nilsson, HV71
6. Axel Landén, HV71
7. Albert Wikman, Färjestad
8. Eric Burger, Örebro
9. Erik Willander, AIK
10. Olle Karlsson, Örebro
11. Noel Franzén, Färjestad
12. Sebastian Tamm, Leksand
(Hell not even in the top 12 of 2005-born Swedish defenders)

Hugo Hell is far from being the best defender even in Färjestads 2005-born buys. Noel Fransén (two nice goals) and Victor Westh was far better this game. And i have not really over these years seen Hugo Hell as a top prospect in Sweden. To sloopy with the puck.
So obviously a Swedish guy who has seen him plenty this year does not rate him at all. Doesn't mean that's the final answer but it could very well be a case of "careful just assuming because a young kid got a spot game or two in the men's league at a young that he's some great prospect".

Reactions: The Swede

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
From my point of view there is something strange going on, both in Färjestad and in the U17 national team. Hell is not among the best defenders in Färjestad U18 (lot´s of talent on that side among the 2005 group in Färjestad). He´s very aggressive. That´s good, but the sloopy passing, the bad positioning, and the bad habits (positioning, skating with the puck not moving it) puts him and his team in problems. I hope he gets around it. But the hype i don´t like because it´s wrong. I watched the play offs for Färjestad U18 against Mora and Victor Westh was the best defender. Than Noel Fransen. Even Albert Wikman was behind them. But he was ok.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad