LD Giovanni Vallati - Kitchener Rangers, OHL (2018 Draft)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Pretty good rookie season for Vallati so far. He's getting decent minutes, not as much as Bouchard and Merkley but his play has been solid thus far.

vallati,_giovanni_ep.jpg

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=299432

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
Pretty good point totals for a 16 yrold Dman. How's his defensive game and decision making looked ? Saw him play once back in late Fall and liked what I saw.

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
Pretty good point totals for a 16 yrold Dman. How's his defensive game and decision making looked ? Saw him play once back in late Fall and liked what I saw.

All things considered, he has been excellent. He isn't getting sheltered minutes like a 16-year-old D normally would. He has gone head to head with the Senyshyns and Stromes and DeBrincats. He plays with a confidence that I like and he skates so well.

The odd time he'll get flat-footed or back in too far, but for the most part, he keeps great gaps and has a very effective stick. For my money, he has already surpassed a couple vets on the team and I see him as a top pairing guy as early as next year.

A very well-rounded, under-stated player. Lots of pro tools that scouts will love. I'm not saying he's identical, but an NHL comparable for me is Ryan McDonagh. (No pressure :))

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
On a recent list, I ranked him as the 3rd most impressive 2000 born in the OHL this year.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2017/03/sunday-top-10-most-impressive-2000-born.html

Needless to say. Big fan.

Next year how high he goes will depend on the development of his offensive game. Last year, Kingston's Jacob Paquette looked similarly impressive for the same reasons. But his offensive game didn't take a step forward and he looks more like a 4-5 rounder now. So we shall see.

Mar 12, 2009
All things considered, he has been excellent. He isn't getting sheltered minutes like a 16-year-old D normally would. He has gone head to head with the Senyshyns and Stromes and DeBrincats. He plays with a confidence that I like and he skates so well.

The odd time he'll get flat-footed or back in too far, but for the most part, he keeps great gaps and has a very effective stick. For my money, he has already surpassed a couple vets on the team and I see him as a top pairing guy as early as next year.

A very well-rounded, under-stated player. Lots of pro tools that scouts will love. I'm not saying he's identical, but an NHL comparable for me is Ryan McDonagh. (No pressure :))

I came to add my two-cents but Tim has said everything I could have. I definitely agree he's surpassed a couple veteran D on the Rangers. One thing I'd like to expand on slightly is he generally seems to get his slap shots on net through traffic quite well, they don't get blocked too often. Also has a very good first pass out of the zone. He has solid instincts offensively, will be interesting to see how much further they develop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad