LD Filip Král - Spokane Chiefs, WHL (2018, 149th, TOR)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Under the radar dman, big darkhorse in this years draft.

Filip Král

filip_kral_brno.jpg

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What's the scouting report on this kid? Where does he project to go in the draft?

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
He’s improved his game nicely in the last 2 seasons. While still in need of considerable development he looks like he could become a useful bottom 3 defender one day. The Chiefs run a good program.

Reactions: stickty111

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I thought he might eke out a few NHL games eventually.

Preseason was strong and I was thinking he might get an injury call up later as most seemed to like him

Now he's doing very well in AHL (player of week I believe) in a nice small sample size

He may actually become a regular in the NHL. That'd be amazing

Reactions: Morgs and Goodman68

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

Preseason was strong and I was thinking he might get an injury call up later as most seemed to like him

Now he's doing very well in AHL (player of week I believe) in a nice small sample size

Yeah after stagnating a bit in his last two years in the WHL he had a crazy strong season in the CZE last year and now arguably an even stronger season in the AHL this year.

Most of us in the Leafs prospect thread have him ahead of any other Leafs D prospect besides Niemela, passing Kokkonen, and separating himself from Koster. May see some games this year if injuries hit, but more likely he'll get a chance to be the #7 guy next year when we likely clear out guys like Holl/Dermott.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah after stagnating a bit in his last two years in the WHL he had a crazy strong season in the CZE last year and now arguably an even stronger season in the AHL this year.

Most of us in the Leafs prospect thread have him ahead of any other Leafs D prospect besides Niemela, passing Kokkonen, and separating himself from Koster. May see some games this year if injuries hit, but more likely he'll get a chance to be the #7 guy next year when we likely clear out guys like Holl/Dermott.
Hopefully more Kaberle then Polak!

Reactions: Goodman68 and Morgs

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

That really would be. If the roster was determined purely by merit off of training camp, Kral would have been on the opening night roster. It's really encouraging to see him play so well in the AHL after I had thought 2 years ago he wasn't developing enough to make this team at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad