LD Elmeri Laakso - SaiPa, Liiga (2022 Draft)

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
Tools are definitely good enough to be in Liiga at the moment, solid 4-way skating, but nothing pops out about his game. Deployed on "top line" averaging close to 18:00 for SaiPa in the last month. Some questionable decision making at times, especially in defensive zone and couple times in NZ deciding to step up at inopportune times, but still he's young playing big minutes on one of the worst teams against men. He has time on his side for sure.

Would be a solid move to take him in 4th roundish if a team has multiple picks around then and hope for the best in 2-3 years. Not undersized is a plus, but definitely nothing elite or standing out from his skillset as of now.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Tell me more about this kid, I am really interested to see him at the U18s.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Seems like he's spent most of the year in A juniors; though men's team for SaiPa is a bit of a dumpster fire at this point.

Is Laakso being considered for the Finland U20 team?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Was Laakso injured during the World Juniors? Had five points in three games with the Finland U20 team and is averaging over 15 minutes of ice time in Liiga with SaiPa.

Any chance he is drafted this time around?

Kung Fu Tzu

Aug 21, 2006
Norway
Was Laakso injured during the World Juniors? Had five points in three games with the Finland U20 team and is averaging over 15 minutes of ice time in Liiga with SaiPa.

Any chance he is drafted this time around?

He has produced less ppg in Liiga than in the previous two years when he did not get drafted (this summer will be his 3rd draft eligible year), so I would not bet on it.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
He has produced less ppg in Liiga than in the previous two years when he did not get drafted (this summer will be his 3rd draft eligible year), so I would not bet on it.
Didn't realize SaiPa was last in Liiga when I looked at his profile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad