LD Daniil Chayka - Guelph Storm, OHL (2021, 38th, VGK)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Anyone know what kind of icetime Chayka has received in his 3 VHL games?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I'm curious what is the arrangement with CSKA and Chayka's OHL team Guelph. Is CSKA paying Guelph a fee, or is there some sort of insurance policy in place like with Bedard in Sweden?

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
I mean that he didn't play official games for 7 months, of course worked by himself but it is not enough to be competitive.
I understand, now. Thank you for the clarification. I am sure every hockey playing country has a term for it, but in English we call that "game shape." It's the type of conditioning and quick thinking that you can only develop within the urgency of a game. Players have to do more than just sharpen their skates, they have to sharpen their mind.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Does he have first overall potential?
I haven't heard anybody say that he has the kind of offensive creativity/skill to be a No. 1 d-man in the NHL. Scouting reports I've seen praise his skating and passing, though. Upside is No. 2 d-man, as per scouts, so take it for what it's worth.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Ларионов о качествах Чайки: «Нравится хоккейное чутье, обращение с шайбой. Его ждет яркое будущее»

Larionov's take.

And it basically in line with what I think about our D at the WJC. Those 18 year olds might have abright hockey future, but they lack experience and are by design mistake prone. That's not a knock on them. We just don't have better 19 year olds. And the 18 year olds all might have a much better tournament next year.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Does he have first overall potential?

I have (had) him in and around the 15-25OA area. It will all depend upon his development this year. In a full OHL season I had him in the mid teens but might loose some spots being over in Russia with depleted ice time.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I have (had) him in and around the 15-25OA area. It will all depend upon his development this year. In a full OHL season I had him in the mid teens but might loose some spots being over in Russia with depleted ice time.

He's going to lose some spots because he's playing in Russia with "depleted ice time " while pretty much everyone else in the OHL and almost the entire CHL isn't even playing at all? Yeah makes sense....

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Consensus on him , is he still a first rounder? Didn't exactly light it up in the MHL playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad