LD Daniel Walcott - Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, QMJHL (2014, 140th overall, NYR)

• Thread starter thenumbersdonotlie*
  • Start date

thenumbersdonotlie*

Always a lot of discussion about the prospects drafted high. I think NY got a steal when they drafted this kid. Anybody have a chance to watch him play in the Q that can share more about his game? Seems to be very productive offensively and is the captain of his team.

thenumbersdonotlie*

I take it nobody watches the Q on this board.

thenumbersdonotlie*

Seems this board only likes to talk about top prospects where there is really nothing more to say. They are projected to be good to great players. Discussions are pretty much pointless. I'd rather see more talk about lower drafted prospects who are potential steals.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Walcott is a smooth skating PMD. Very mobile, can carry the puck, moves his puck well, very good vision ad IQ. Solid two-way game, can throw big hits. Needs to imrpove his shot, although it's acccurate.

Very good upside, solid pick by the Rangers.

thenumbersdonotlie*

Says he's listed at 168. That's pretty light. Wonder if he he's put on any weight. He needs to be at least 20 pounds heavier than that if he's going to have a shot at the NHL.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Says he's listed at 168. That's pretty light. Wonder if he he's put on any weight. He needs to be at least 20 pounds heavier than that if he's going to have a shot at the NHL.

at 5'11" thats tiny. hopefully the rangers put him on a bulking plan. sounds like the rangers drafted a need in the system and hopefully he develops into the lineup in the future

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
I think people are going to be shocked about how good Walcott is going to be, he's a very good skater, not elite but surely a plus skater, moves the puck well and he's got that "it" factor, having been named Captain of the Armada this year. I think he's got a real shot at being a decent NHL defenseman though he will need a couple of years in Hartford to get stronger and work on his defensive game. He leads his team in D points and plus minus despite playing against everyone's top line.

thenumbersdonotlie*

Yeah, I have a lot of hope for this kid. I also think he might have the "it" factor. Will probably take at least 2 years in the AHL for him to get there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad