LD Cole Candella - Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL (2016, 140th, VAN)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
bb_20_cole_candella_ep.jpg

Another one of my favorite sleeper prospects in this year's draft (along with Mahura) that no one's talking about. He's an extremely solid/well rounded dman w/ offensive upside, i expect him to be a 3rd round pick but he could sneak into the 2nd imo. He'd be a steal if he ends up getting picked after the 3rd.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
bb_20_cole_candella_ep.jpg

Another one of my favorite sleeper prospects in this year's draft (along with Mahura) that no one's talking about. He's an extremely solid/well rounded dman w/ offensive upside, i expect him to be a 3rd round pick but he could sneak into the 2nd imo. He'd be a steal if he ends up getting picked after the 3rd.

I completely agree. I too am confused as to why he has not received attention. He's playing in the GTA....it's not like he's in Alaska or something. LOL

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Especially in a draft not seemingly rich in high end D prospects, Candella is one of the guys with the potential to explode to the top of the charts. Watching him in minor midget I couldn't believe he slipped to the 2nd round, and with Belleville as a 16 year old I thought he had the most pro potential on the team by a significant margin. It's too bad the injury stunted what was shaping up to be a great draft season, but I have a feeling there are teams who arent sleeping on this guy.

Watch out for the Ducks, he's right in the mold of what they've targeted in recent years.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
This is a really good pick. Congrats Canucks fans. At least your GM seems to make the picks that he doesn't trade count.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Never heard of him but like what im reading in this thread about him looks like another late round gem by Benning

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad