LD Christian Wolanin (2015, 107th, OTT)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Welcome to the National kid!

Nice first ever NHL goal. He has looked good since signing. No thread on him, figured I start one as I think he has a NHL future here. Good bloodlines, came out of North Dakota after a nice career in the USHL- just another smart two-way player here...not going to wow you in any area, just a consistent kid who has improved statistically and positionally every year which is what you want to see here. Not bad for a 4th round pick!!!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
good is an understatement... relative to his experience/lack of hype the kid has been real good. makes the right decision to the puck 9.9/10 times. he just look better because we have guys like harpur and claessen making the wrong decision 9.9/10 times.

Reactions: OmniSens and branch

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Hey look underrated NCAA prospect who everybody forgot about because he slow-cooked for multiple years away from any kind of spotlight! :sarcasm:

I certainly have fond memories of his father wearing an Avs sweater in '95-96. Seems like a chip off the old block who could have a similarly long NHL career as a non-nonsense middle/lower pair defender.

Last edited:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Watched all his games so far. Always seems to be in the right place, he can skate, and is decisive. I think he will definitely be on the roster come October.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Very happy with him as a Sens fan, and excited to see him develop. He's already a legit NHL player.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am happy that you guys feel that way - I think he can be a solid player for you for a number of years - very limited showing, but what you have seen with him is what you get, kid has played like this since the USHL - you got a heck of a steal no doubt about it.

Same with Washington and Shane Gersich.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I was surprised he didn't stick out of camp...hope he gets a call soon as well..Ottawa and these US kids seem to be working out!!

Lajoie stole his spot
For sure .A few hybrids there ... White is the only true blue American.. the others are all go either way. Glad to have them all. They'll show their true colors when you guys invade us.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I was surprised he didn't stick out of camp...hope he gets a call soon as well..Ottawa and these US kids seem to be working out!!

Pretty crazy to be honest how many US born players we have now...amd I kinda like it tbh. Better than being a former Swedish satellite state imo. Most American players, especially the younger gen, are good two guys.

Ryan
Dzingel
Tkachuk
White
McCormick
Wideman
Anderson
Condon

And then Brown, Batherson, and Norris all hopefully coming soon.

Reactions: AmericanDream

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He has a long way to go from the defensive side of the game. His play away from the puck is not close to NHL level. Which is fine because you can teach defense, you cant teach his offensive instincts. He reads the ice very well and is clearly comfortable with the puck on his stick. A full year or two in the AHL playing all situations and i can see him as an NHL regular. He just needs pro reps on the defensive side of the puck.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Pretty crazy to be honest how many US born players we have now...amd I kinda like it tbh. Better than being a former Swedish satellite state imo. Most American players, especially the younger gen, are good two guys.

Ryan
Dzingel
Tkachuk
White
McCormick
Wideman
Anderson
Condon

Batherson is canadian, but yes the sens have alot of americans. I dont really get your point about it being better if they are american than swedish, i dont care if the player is from Mars as long as he can play.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Batherson is canadian, but yes the sens have alot of americans. I dont really get your point about it being better if they are american than swedish, i dont care if the player is from Mars as long as he can play.

I said US born, which Batherson is. He has dual citizenship.

And my point about America versus Sweden comes down to style of play more than anything; I prefer the more robust game of the Americans, personally.

Reactions: AmericanDream

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Ryan
Dzingel
Tkachuk
White
McCormick
Wideman
Anderson
Condon

I bet Johnny Gruden become a plugger down the road, too. Seems to have the work ethic for it, if not necessarily the skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad