LD Brad HUNT - 2 years, 650k per, 1-way

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Are we sure it's not two way year one, one way year two? That's usually how those unproven but fringe type guys get signed.

With 10 NHL quality defenseman, signing him to a 1-way deal makes close to no sense unless McPhee already has about 3-4 defenseman he has deals for already.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
According to CapFriendly is a one-way deal in both years. I'm a little confused by that as well, but maybe GMGM saw something in Hunt that he liked, I don't know. He's not really "unproven": he turns 29 next month, so you kinda know what you're getting. He's a somewhat undersized d-man that can score pretty well in the AHL. I doubt anyone claims him after we send him down out of camp, so he can just stay in Chicago all year and come up in case of injuries/trades.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
We had him in Edmonton for two seasons. His best use is in the AHL as a PP quarterback. He can play a handful of games at the NHL level but he's basically the guy you sign for emergency callups that you don't care if you lose to waivers. Short game filler with no NHL potential.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Why is that? Only thing that AHL superstars that can't make the NHL usually lack is skating.

Is that the case here, or is he like a defensive sieve?

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Why is that? Only thing that AHL superstars that can't make the NHL usually lack is skating.

Is that the case here, or is he like a defensive sieve?

his defense is terrible. When he was in Edmonton he constantly made the most pathetic attempts at poke checks I've ever seen in an NHL game.

Jeffro

Oct 20, 2007
Hunt was signed because he dominated for the Wolves last year until the Blues tried to get him back to the AHL and Nashville snatched him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad