LD Andrei Mironov - Dynamo Moscow, KHL (2015, 101st, COL; released)

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Only saw the WJC but was not impressed with Mironov at all.

why is that? I didn't watched him closely at WJC, but as I saw, he was active as always, blocking shots, playing aggressively. Yeah, not so flashy as Zadorov, but he is more Stay-at-home D.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Now he has 3 year deal with Dynamo, so maybe someone will risk for it, and draft him in the late rounds. Hard to say.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Still has a lot to learn, but the fact he's been playing on Dynamo Moscow for Znarok and was even a regular on the Gagarin Cup winning team at 18 is pretty telling itself.
Generaly he plays a defensive defenseman role, but he can shoot and pass.
Future stud IMO.

Also, he's said to worship A.Markov and Kasparaitis and to dream of both Olympic Gold and the Stanley Cup, so I think one day we'll see him in the N. Especially considering he's won GC already.

He also is one of the most classy and likable guys in the international games :)

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Good for couple of icings per game against active forechecking from what I saw in WJC. Give him time to mature and he can become a really solid D.

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
SecretLimpingBluefintuna.gif

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Low bridge. Can't get his knees if he wants to do a hip check.

:shakehead 110% clean.

I was just looking this kid up the other day and had seen this hit before but didn't know it was him, wow. His play in the WJC was outstanding and wanted to see his progression.

For him to time that hit against an elite player in Radulov is a thing of beauty, you can count on one hand how many players in the NHL can pull that hit off.

He's playing almost as a number one dman on his team and over 20 minutes a night, oh boy he's going to develop into a beauty.

Won't be long before he's signed in the NHL, what a find he's going to be for the team that signs him.

Great player!

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Beautiful hit. Remember him as well, he oozes potential.

I'd even go as far as saying he'll end up a way superior player then some of the top picks in the top 10-15 picked in the 2012 draft.

Dumba,Rielly,Pouliot,Koekoek, if I recall were taken in the top 10, and right now this kid's probably as good and will possibly end up being better then some of them. Would take him ahead of all of those other guys right now defensively, that's for sure.

Last edited:

ChazzMichaelMichaels

Jul 10, 2014
Is he actually that good? Can any KHL fans who have watched him a lot comment? Wonder if he has any intentions of ever coming over, odd that no one took a late pick on him.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Remember seeing him at the WJC, hated him as a Canadian, but if he was on my NHL team, i'd like him.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It looks like Mironov is going to try himself on the smaller ice. I bet he's going to be a popular target amongst NHL GMs. 20 year old, undrafted, 6'2'', 195, with a lot of pro-experience.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
It looks like Mironov is going to try himself on the smaller ice. I bet he's going to be a popular target amongst NHL GMs. 20 year old, undrafted, 6'2'', 195, with a lot of pro-experience.

Are you speculating?

BH4991

Jul 4, 2006

I've liked him for years, excited to see him come to North America.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad