LD Andreas Borgman (2013 Undrafted; signed by TOR)

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
This makes me so happy he's like a truck on skates. He's super solid in both ends and isn't afraid to throw the body around.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Loving the free wallets out of Europe the last couple of seasons. Zaitsev, Aaltonen, Borgman and Rosen. They all appear to have a future with the big club, and all 3 of the new additions this season looked good at camp.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Borgman will for sure be an addition to this team. Like him alot. Always do the work and is good offensive also.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Could see him vying for a spot higher up in the lineup when he gains more trust from Babcock. He'd look solid alongside either one of Morgan or Gards.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
decent debut tonight, had some jitters for sure and looked like he still needs to adjust to how fast the gaps close in the NHL. Showed off some hands & wheels a couple of times, and some less than stellar decision making a couple of times on giveaways and passes that got picked. Looked like he won't struggle at all with the physical part, threw his weight around a few times

Reactions: The Assclown

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He was a moron out there on his first shift. Tried to go for the big hit, went too high and was probably inches away from concussing a player, luckily he missed. Will be hearing from DoPS if he does that again and actually connects

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
decent debut tonight, had some jitters for sure and looked like he still needs to adjust to how fast the gaps close in the NHL. Showed off some hands & wheels a couple of times, and some less than stellar decision making a couple of times on giveaways and passes that got picked. Looked like he won't struggle at all with the physical part, threw his weight around a few times

I think everyone saw what he is capable of in the preseason. He has a calmness about his defensive game that has been missing on the Leafs for god knows how long.

Hopefully Babcock remains patient and allows Borgman to gain some confidence before putting Marincin in the lineup again...

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I think everyone saw what he is capable of in the preseason. He has a calmness about his defensive game that has been missing on the Leafs for god knows how long.

Hopefully Babcock remains patient and allows Borgman to gain some confidence before putting Marincin in the lineup again...

Oh god, please let the Marincin era me over.

Didn't realize how good Borgmans advanced stats were last night too

Reactions: The Assclown

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

after he took that penalty they cut to babs and his face looked like he wanted to kill the kid. I hope he gives the kid a break, if he waited 1 second longer and that's not a penalty.

He was very good last night, I noticed carrick jumping up more so Borgman was good enough for Carrick to have a licence to push into the play

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
after he took that penalty they cut to babs and his face looked like he wanted to kill the kid. I hope he gives the kid a break, if he waited 1 second longer and that's not a penalty.

He was very good last night, I noticed carrick jumping up more so Borgman was good enough for Carrick to have a licence to push into the play
Isn't that Babcock's default face though? He never looks happy, especially during a game

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
He was a moron out there on his first shift. Tried to go for the big hit, went too high and was probably inches away from concussing a player, luckily he missed. Will be hearing from DoPS if he does that again and actually connects

Why would he be hearing from DOPS for good, hard, clean checks? Perhaps direct your anger elsewhere, like your D core, or your goal tending, or coaching etc. etc.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017

Not really though. He got him in the chest as Scheifele dodged half the hit. Borgman connected on two similar hits in preseason and wasn't hearing from the DoPS so. Maybe Byfuglien should not be a moron going for big hits if Borgman can't?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Your avatar is a fitting reply to your post actually.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton

let's turn that microscope inwards - had Hyman not seen Buff at the last minute and straightened up for impact that would have been a shoulder to the face, a trip to the hospital and a likely suspension. Glass houses, my friend

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
Every team needs a player like this. You need the opposing team to be a little frightened on the ice, especially when crossing your blueline. I hope he lays out a few more beauty open ice hits. All clean of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad