LD Alexander Nikishin - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2020, 69th, CAR)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He's on the pace for about the same statistics as he had last season with slightly more goals scored. The difference is SKA was destroying opponents in the regular last season, and this season the team is terrible given its roster.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Are we gonna see a Nikishin - Morrow top pairing in Carolina in a few years?

Last edited:

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
I remember when people were calling him a one season wonder. He is without a doubt the greatest Russian youth defenseman probably since the 80s or 90s, potentially ever. His jump to the NHL will tell us if the KHL is still mighty or if it has fallen after years of being a top 3 league in the world.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I remember when people were calling him a one season wonder. He is without a doubt the greatest Russian youth defenseman probably since the 80s or 90s, potentially ever. His jump to the NHL will tell us if the KHL is still mighty or if it has fallen after years of being a top 3 league in the world.

Nikishin’s successful (or unsuccessful) transition is to the NHL is no reflection of the strength of the KHL. There are too many other factors involved on an individual level to make that determination.

If it was, KHL = NHL based on Voronkov’s play.

Last edited:
Reactions: newsportsfan123

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
Nikishin’s successful (or unsuccessful) transition is to the NHL is no reflection of the strength of the KHL. There are too many other factors involved on an individual level to make that determination.

If it was, KHL = NHL based on Voronkov’s play.
Yeah, that's true. I think it's just that I am so surprised at how the scoring has increased for U23 players at the KHL level. Before the current decade, it was rare for multiple players to be above .50 PPG. This season in the KHL eight U23 players are above a .78 PPG.

Last edited:

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Celebrini is nowhere close to the best player not in the NHL. A good argument can be made he's not even the best player in the NCAA.
Doesn't mean much, his upside and value is the best. Most of the better players are 2-3 years older.

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Celebrini is nowhere close to the best player not in the NHL. A good argument can be made he's not even the best player in the NCAA.
Sure but the fact that is even in the discussion tells us how good Celebrini is though right?

I'm looking forward to seeing Nikishin in the NHL but frankly would have liked to see him this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad