LD Alexander Nikishin - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2020, 69th, CAR)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Struggling on where to put him for a keeper pool where you get a player for 7 years. Only points count type pool. Players available in my top 5 are…

1. Pelikka
2. Simashev
3. Gulyayev
4. Reinbacher
5. Willander

You can disagree with the order that’s fine. Does he get drafted 1st over these players? Who is drafted higher than him in your opinion? I think I slide him into the 2 spot but I’d like to hear others. Some are saying he is a 40 point guy others think 70 points. I’m having a tough time with him.
I’d points are what matters, I’d take all the guys listed over him

Reactions: The Colonel

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
Struggling on where to put him for a keeper pool where you get a player for 7 years. Only points count type pool. Players available in my top 5 are…

1. Pelikka
2. Simashev
3. Gulyayev
4. Reinbacher
5. Willander

You can disagree with the order that’s fine. Does he get drafted 1st over these players? Who is drafted higher than him in your opinion? I think I slide him into the 2 spot but I’d like to hear others. Some are saying he is a 40 point guy others think 70 points. I’m having a tough time with him.

disclaimer: This is only my take from a lot of reading and watching highlights

1. Nikishin (offensive upside through the roof), likely to come over in two years which is reasonable and to have immediate impact (30-40 pts in its 1st season). However will likely sign a one year entry contract because of his age and should cost a lot more on his 2nd contract.

2. Reinbacher. Likely to come over next year and get top 4 min right from the start and some PP time as well. 3 years of 30+ points at less than 1M before his next contract is something I'd value

3. Pellika. There is upside there but it may a take a very long time before it pays of. Pelika might be different but Im now being cautious with drafting high on rather small sweedish offensive Dman

4. Gulayev There is upside there but it may a take a very long time before it pays of.

5. Simashev

6. willander

Last edited:

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
I’d points are what matters, I’d take all the guys listed over him
Disclaimer that the above comment was coming from the guy who doesn’t see Nikishin having the ability to translate his game to NHL. Don’t see the concern with that at all.

For the OP asking for fantasy, Nikishin is very obviously the top pick here based on the parameters. I wouldn’t reach too far on him if you don’t have to, but he’s the only one on the list who will come over and immediately be given top minutes based on his age and experience - he’s playing top minutes in the KHL now, including PP1.

You only get him for 7 years so you’ll have him throughout his prime. The other players, and I’m thinking Simashev and Reinbacher, should both be fantastic, but your window is 18 to 25 years of age. From 23-24 and older, they may very well be better players than Nikishin, but you’d only have rights to that for a year or two. They are also on weaker teams to start. Nikishin gets a Carolina team with little in the way of offensive competition barring any further signings.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

1. Pelikka
2. Simashev
3. Gulyayev
4. Reinbacher
5. Willander

Easily #1. You underrate Reinbacher IMO

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
As an all round defenceman I think he will be great but what I read is an absolute max 50 point guy and that’s really pushing it. Points only league.
We must have read from different sources though about Simashev in terms of offensive upside. Is he gonna QB a PP in AZ? At this point I'd rather bet on Artem Duda although there is surely a risk factor to consider.

Reinbacher is surely getting prime PP opportunities although probably end up settling on the second wave if hudson makes it.

Nikishin is clearly no 1 on your list IMO.

Too2train

Nov 28, 2011
First goal of the season was a bomb from the point on the pp in garbage time.

Firm believer his offence will translate no problem to the NHL. I think he finds multiple 60+ seasons when he comes over.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
First goal of the season was a bomb from the point on the pp in garbage time.

Firm believer his offence will translate no problem to the NHL. I think he finds multiple 60+ seasons when he comes over.
Heavy shot, beat goalie clean. I wouldn’t call it from the point, nor would I call it garbage time. He brought them within 1 with 25 seconds left to play.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
https://twitter.com/byronmbader/status/1699813735278473458?s=42&t=Qmgran-cZbkhByM2XhRJsQ
8BB21D3F-02E2-4825-A259-281E0577B752.jpeg

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Because his stats are inflated since khl quality dropped precipitously last year.
Lie, 6-8 really good Europeans who left are perfectly replaced by North Americans. And with an increasing level due to the development of the MHL and more talented young players whose parents can afford hockey, because economy has improved over the past 18-20 years, KHl is perfectly fine. Difference in producing of Ponomaryov and Mukhamadullin from previous season is very indicative.

Within a couple years:

Sergachyov - Nikishin
Provorov - Simashev
Mintyukov - Gavrikov

Orlov
Zub
Mukhamadullin was good KHL defesneman and he was close to be 0.9ppg AHL defenseman.
Gulyayev is looking good. There are more interesting defesnemen like Grudinin, Duda, Orlov, Koromyslov, Fedotov, Konyushkov, Evseyev. Some of them will pan out.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad