LD Adam Wilsby - Skellefteå AIK, SHL (2020, 101st, NSH)

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Not seeing much (any) of the SHL this year, it seems like the league has a few strong teams and a lot of mediocre (or worse) ones. How much of Wilsby's success this season is due to skating with Skelleftea?

And what has he done since his original draft year that he is a prospect now?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Not seeing much (any) of the SHL this year, it seems like the league has a few strong teams and a lot of mediocre (or worse) ones. How much of Wilsby's success this season is due to skating with Skelleftea?

I've seen a lot and find myself watching him more and more closely. Last night he was dominant! Yes Skellefteå is good but it's easy to compare to for example Broberg who is not looking very good in contrast.
Skates like the wind, really moves the puck well and he's pretty good defensively.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I'm a big fan of Wilsby as well. He is signed for 2 more years in the SHL through 2022-23. bringing him over around 22 years old sounds like a good idea if he continues to impress.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik

The fanbase of Skelleftea was rather upset all through the autumn 2020 by the fact that Wilsby was getting so little icetime, while Broberg (both d-men NHL prospects). Finally, after new year, coach starting giving Wilsby the ice time he so well deserves. But he really should have got it way earlier.

Reactions: EXTRAS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad