LC Phil Di Giuseppe (2012, 38th, CAR)

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
From @hockeyprospect (Mark Edwards founder of HP coached Di Giuseppe 2years ago and know the family well

Dear U of fans, don't sweat the Phil Di Giuseppe rights being traded to the Spitfires today. He is a very happy Wolverine.

So as of now don't look like he would leave Michigan but you never know after the nhl draft.

Some video's of Di Giuseppe for those who haven't seen him played this yr with the Wolverines

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
You never know, espically with the way Windsor seems to get plenty of Americans to come play junior.

But as was posted, he seems happy to be a Wolverine. He is having a pretty good season so far and Michigan has looked like a very strong team in the early going (6-1-1)

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Di Giuseppe has been a very very pleasant surprise so far early in the season, had an excellent weekend vs. Ferris St. He was the CCHA Rookie of the Month, not bad considering he started the month as a 17 year old. I know because of age a lot of people liked Hyman more as an impact freshman, but no question it's been Di Giuseppe.

I'm heading to Ann Arbor in two weeks for the Ohio St. series. And then will try and catch a game the week after that when I'm in town to see the football game vs. Ohio St.

Can't wait for all these prospects to roll in the next couple of years. Very exciting time for UM hockey.

You never know, espically with the way Windsor seems to get plenty of Americans to come play junior.

But as was posted, he seems happy to be a Wolverine. He is having a pretty good season so far and Michigan has looked like a very strong team in the early going (6-1-1)

He is actually an Ontario kid. And most of the guys we have lost to the OHL left before ever stepping foot on campus, and it's rare for kids to leave midseason. We had that with Robbie Czarnik, but there was a lot more to that situation than just wanting to play hockey somewhere else. Robbie probably should have gone to the OHL from the start.

Usually once kids step on campus and experience what it's like to play at Yost and the whole college atmosphere they never want to leave.

Last edited:

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
From the FC's October Intro to the 2012 NHL Draft.

Future Considerations said:
NAME: Phil Di Giuseppe
POSITION: Centre
VITALS: 6-1, 195 Lbs
2011-12 TEAM: Michigan Wolverines (CCHA)

NOTES: A big body that has plenty of room to continue to add strength to, Di Giuseppe has all the raw tools to develop into a highly effective power forward during his time in Ann Arbor, MI. Protects the puck well and works the boards hard, usually winning the puck. Has a good hard shot with a quick release that he uses while driving to the net. Hard to contain for less physical defenses as he keeps his feet moving and drives into dirty areas without hesitation. Yost Arena will be a hot spot for scouts as they watch the fluid skating bull power his way around the ice this season. Still plenty of room to grow but NHL potential is definitely evident.

DRAFT OUTLOOK: Was invited and played well at the NHL Research, Development and Orientation camp this past August as one of the draft top forwards. Some scouts have him as a first round selection while most slot him in the early second round range.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
I know because of age a lot of people liked Hyman more as an impact freshman, but no question it's been Di Giuseppe.

A bit off topic, so my apologies. Just curious how Hyman has looked (padon the pun). Considering the numbers he put up in the OPJHL, I'm sure there's some rather lofty expectations for him at Michigan. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Usually once kids step on campus and experience what it's like to play at Yost and the whole college atmosphere they never want to leave.

No doubt about that. But Windsor wouldn't trade for him if they weren't at least going to try and get him to come play Major Junior. Same with the fact that he may get pressure from whatever team drafts him (Although it doesn't happen often with guys already playing, the pressure usually comes with the prospects that have yet to play)

All this aside, I hope he stays. Big UM fan here (for all sports), and it's an exciting time for the Uni across the board.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
A bit off topic, so my apologies. Just curious how Hyman has looked (padon the pun). Considering the numbers he put up in the OPJHL, I'm sure there's some rather lofty expectations for him at Michigan. Thanks.

Hyman has gotten off to a bit of a slow start adjusting to the college game. He hasn't been terrible by any stretch but I think some people thought he would step in and be one of our best offensive players based on him being a year older and with so much experience and production in Junior A.

I think he'll be fine though.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Hyman has gotten off to a bit of a slow start adjusting to the college game. He hasn't been terrible by any stretch but I think some people thought he would step in and be one of our best offensive players based on him being a year older and with so much experience and production in Junior A.

I think he'll be fine though.

Thanks for the input.

I saw the Michigan/Western Michigan game last night, and Hyman looked pretty good. Created the first goal and was strong on the puck. He looks a bit too upright when he skates, and was burned by the right defenseman on a nice fake for the winning goal, but he definitely had his moments last night. Di Gueseppe looks like an elite skater, and threw his weight around pretty well when the opportunity presented itself.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
More Di Giuseppe on his decision to go the college route, among other topics in our latest feature with him:

“The biggest [reason] is the strength difference compared to juniors so preparing for the NHL strength wise the college route is better so that’s why I chose to come and develop [through the college game],†Di Giuseppe said. “The speed is another big difference; everyone can skate in Division I hockey.â€

http://futureconsiderations.ca/di-giuseppe-well-schooled-on-college-choice/

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
So how did di Giuseppe look this year as a Wolverine? How has his development come along?

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
thought this guy might deserve some discussion 8 points in 8 games AHL
anyone seen him play ? does the NHL look like its in his future?

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
It's an impressive start, but a lot of stuff has been happening in the A that probably won't last. Budaj with the .955

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad