• featured-image-2039.jpg
    featured-image-2039.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 2

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
lol the dust storms that are over a mile wide here and a certain ft high (I forget) are called haboobs. I've experienced 2 really big ones and a few small ones.
Wow. That last photo pretty scary looking.

In Provence, they call a somewhat different storm a Mistral,

Reactions: Kovi

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
A couple of months ago, my wife @Kovi did a radio interview about her business and the guy on right before her was a franchisee of a business broker here in the Phoenix area. They do exactly what you are asking for - determining the value and appropriate asking price of a business. The parent firm is First Choice Business Brokers, and if you're still in Red Hook, like your profile says, they have a nearby office in New Paltz. Website there is https://businessforsaleinhudsonvalley.com. Main site is First Choice Business Brokers | Buy or Sell a Business if you want to check out the main company first.

In any event, it sounds like a business broker is the type of person who will probably be able to value your business prior to a sale.
awesome thanks....appreciate it

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
For any fellow aviation nerds, this is a great video about the B-29 Doc, one of only two existing flight capable B-29s. Talking about the upkeep, what they have to do to fly it... and then as they said, thinking about when they were flown in wartime, they were crewed by basically kids...18, 20, 22 years old.

Said it costs about $40k to fill up the fuel tanks. :amazed:

I'd love to see it in person someday.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
For any fellow aviation nerds, this is a great video about the B-29 Doc, one of only two existing flight capable B-29s. Talking about the upkeep, what they have to do to fly it... and then as they said, thinking about when they were flown in wartime, they were crewed by basically kids...18, 20, 22 years old.

Said it costs about $40k to fill up the fuel tanks. :amazed:

I'd love to see it in person someday.

I watched a good documentary on hulu(via Smithsonian) about the whole operation and it was very educating/scary, made me think of the horror it must have been being on one of those missions.

There was also only ONE ad in the very beginning too so that was nice, sometimes Smithsonian documentaries are ad free.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It is incredible that what started out as a very dry June with only 17mm of rain turned into a wonderful growing season with more rain than average in July. The crops are amazing, my daughter's veggie garden is very abundant. I am now being overrun with giant zucchinis from her garden. They are huge! One zucchini yields me two loaves and 12 muffins. No one is complaining! I just keep baking and sharing while it lasts.

She had quite a bit of lettuce that went to seed because it grew so fast and donated it to a local wildlife rehab centre, they have baby groundhogs that need lots to eat. The woman who runs it said they absolutely love it and is putting out notice so people will bring theirs to her. Makes me all warm and fuzzy.

This made me laugh because it is almost true!

1691573254795.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad