Not open for further replies.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Hi friends...

this was a few days ago. 11% humidity

temp.jpg

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
anybody who consciously decides to live in an oven, doesn't get the complain about the heat.......
Wasn't complaining at all. I enjoy the "oven type" heat actually. It doesn't bother my joints as much as the humidity did back east. It also easier to breathe without the dampness. I take sun over gray and humid any day.

It's also pretty easy to escape here if you desire--there isn't anywhere without a/c that I frequent.

Reactions: Gordoff

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Hottest I've ever been in is El Centro, California during my Navy days.

We did a 2 week detachment there to do a bunch of Air to Ground and CAS work with the Marines. Walked out to the jet and literally couldn't touch it without wearing gloves. Fired up the radio and ATIS was reporting 116 degrees. We were carrying 4 x 1,000lb bombs and we used a lot of runway to get airborne....

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

We did a 2 week detachment there to do a bunch of Air to Ground and CAS work with the Marines. Walked out to the jet and literally couldn't touch it without wearing gloves. Fired up the radio and ATIS was reporting 116 degrees. We were carrying 4 x 1,000lb bombs and we used a lot of runway to get airborne....
It gets hot AND humid in El Centro (well, more humid than here in Phoenix). No wonder you used up a lot of runway!

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
It gets hot AND humid in El Centro (well, more humid than here in Phoenix). No wonder you used up a lot of runway!
As hot as it was in El Centro that day, Roosevelt Roads (Puerto Rico) in August was 100x worse. High 90s with humidity in the high 90s as well. You could literally cut the air with a knife and could not get dry. Officer berthing was a cinderblock motel type structure with a small window mounted AC unit that was from around 1970. On the interior, the cinderblock was painted and you could literally see the walls sweat and water run down them. I didn't complain though, because the enlisted berthing was even worse. That place was such a shit-hole.

Our last detachment there was when I finally came to the decision to move on to civilian life....

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Gordoff and caz16

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

El Centro, winter home of the Blue Angels :D

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
As hot as it was in El Centro that day, Roosevelt Roads (Puerto Rico) in August was 100x worse. High 90s with humidity in the high 90s as well. You could literally cut the air with a knife and could not get dry. Officer berthing was a cinderblock motel type structure with a small window mounted AC unit that was from around 1970. On the interior, the cinderblock was painted and you could literally see the walls sweat and water run down them. I didn't complain though, because the enlisted berthing was even worse. That place was such a shit-hole.

Our last detachment there was when I finally came to the decision to move on to civilian life....
I did a split deployment between Roosey and Rodman AFB in Panama. For my money, Panama was worse, though my memory is faded after 25 years. I do remember doing a pre-deployment trip there, and someone left the door on the plane open, and it was FILLED with mosquitoes by morning.

You must be talking about the BOQ up on the hill. We at least had an extra room assigned, which we turned into a bar (similar to the Brass Nut if you've ever made it to Keflavik). But the rooms kinda sucked, ya.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I went for my first post-op visit with my surgeon today.

They took x-rays and checked the incision. So far so good. I was able to ditch the "teds" (tight thigh length stockings to prevent blood clots) and they took the bandage off.

progress....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad