Lays August 2019 rankings

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Here’s a quick top 40. Everyone I listed I’ve seen multiple games of. There are some guys I like (Dorofeyev and some others) but I haven’t seen enough of them to properly rank them. This list is about the guys I’ve legit watched, so if I’m missing anyone that should be on this list, feel free to drop their name and I’ll check them out.

1. Jack Hughes
  2. Kaapo Kakko
  3. Alex Newhook
  4. Kirby Dach
  5. Vasili Podkolzin
  6. Alex Turcotte
  7. Dylan Cozens
  8. Bowen Byram
  9. Matthew Robertson
  10. Trevor Zegras
  11. Anttoni Honka
  12. Peyton Krebs
  13. Raphael Lavoie
  14. Philipp Broberg*
  15. Ryan Suzuki
  16. Michael Vukojevic
  17. Matthew Boldy
  18. Cole Caufield
  19. Valentin Nussbaumer
  20. Nolan Foote
  21. Maxim Cajkovic
  22. Arthur Kaliyev
  23. John Beecher
  24. Simon Holmstrom
  25. Tobias Bjornfot
  26. Josh Williams
  27. Victor Soderstrom
  28. Daniil Gutik
  29. Samuel Poulin
  30. Blake Murray
  31. Jakob Pelletier
  32. Marshall Warren
  33. Nils Hoglander
  34. Cam York
  35. Nicholas Robertson
  36. Sasha Mutala
  37. Graeme Clark
  38. Brady Meyer
  39. Brett Budgell
  40. Ben Brinkman
After really hating on this draft, I’m really liking it now. I’ve said before that I thought 2019 was an overrated draft, but it can potentially be as good as the 2018 draft honestly.

*- for Broberg, I’ve really liked what I’ve seen at Hlinka. He was pretty much an unknown before though so I’d like to see him continue with that Hlinka play before giving him a top 10 ranking. I think 14 is fair for now.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd probably have Krebs in the top 10. On your list I would put him at 8

for me its

3. Turcotte
4. Podkolzin
5. Cozens
6. Newhook
7. Dach
8. Krebs

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Very good list. I have almost zero issues with it - which probably means it’s biased towards players playing in North America, lol. For the purpose of discussion, I guess I’d like to have Krebs, Lavoie, Suzuki, Kaliyev, Williams, and York slightly higher.

Where do you see Xavier Parent sitting at this point in time? How high could be climb?

teemussalami1

Mar 16, 2017
Interesting list. Do not think Beecher will even come close to where you have him ranked, but who knows. Also, York seems very low to me. Don't see how Marshall Warren could be ranked ahead of him.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Interesting list. Do not think Beecher will even come close to where you have him ranked, but who knows. Also, York seems very low to me. Don't see how Marshall Warren could be ranked ahead of him.
Beecher is really underrated. Good size and he’s fast with good skating and work ethic. Shows flashes of dominance from time to time as well and has one of the best puck controlling/protection skills in the draft. His shot needs work but he has a lot of tools to succeed. When he (occasionally) carries the puck up the ice, he’s tough to stop. There’s definitely some untapped offensive upside there and he’s a long term project. He’s a C as well and if he makes the NHL he projects to stay as a C. Also, I don’t know exact stats so I may be way off but from the 7-8 games I’ve seen he was dominant on face offs.

I’ve never been a fan of York’s really. I don’t see much upside in him like I do in Warren
Very good list. I have almost zero issues with it - which probably means it’s biased towards players playing in North America, lol. For the purpose of discussion, I guess I’d like to have Krebs, Lavoie, Suzuki, Kaliyev, Williams, and York slightly higher.

Where do you see Xavier Parent sitting at this point in time? How high could be climb?
cant say I’m a fan of Parent’s. probably would’ve been an HM.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
realy Matthew Robertson that low? i personnaly realy wasn't impressed at the Hlinka and hated his body language!

teemussalami1

Mar 16, 2017
Beecher is really underrated. Good size and he’s fast with good skating and work ethic. Shows flashes of dominance from time to time as well and has one of the best puck controlling/protection skills in the draft. His shot needs work but he has a lot of tools to succeed. When he (occasionally) carries the puck up the ice, he’s tough to stop. There’s definitely some untapped offensive upside there and he’s a long term project. He’s a C as well and if he makes the NHL he projects to stay as a C. Also, I don’t know exact stats so I may be way off but from the 7-8 games I’ve seen he was dominant on face offs.

I’ve never been a fan of York’s really. I don’t see much upside in him like I do in Warren

cant say I’m a fan of Parent’s. probably would’ve been an HM.

I see the upside in Beecher but I don't think he has the skills to succeed at a higher level. And as far as York goes, just watch him next season. He plays a silent game, but in a good way. Never makes mistakes, moves puck efficiently.Would be a perfect 1st or 2nd pairing NHL defenseman. Reminds me of Will Butcher. Don't know what you see in Warren. Guy is a turnover machine with limited upside. All I see is good skating and decent defending.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Lavoie outside the top 10 :dunno:

Solid list, nice job.
I have a very updated list, been watching a shit ton of games lately. Lavoie is now not just outside the top 10 but comfortably outside

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I have a very updated list, been watching a **** ton of games lately. Lavoie is now not just outside the top 10 but comfortably outside

and Krebs too I've noticed. Although I like the offense in this draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad