Value of: Lawson Crouse to NJ

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
What would it take to get Lawson Crouse to NJ? I think he would fit in like a glove on our team and would bring a much needed element. I'm just curious on what type of value Crouse holds. What would NJ have to give up?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Why would they let go young, 26 year old big power forward, who right now is 20-30 goal, 45-50 point player,
who is signed until 2028 and comes with a cheap 4 300 000 cap hit...

I think the cost would be too much and i don't think Devils would be willing to pay that

Reactions: banks

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I think I asked this last year on the Coyotes forum and it sounded like he was not available and considered a player to build around. Perhaps that changed this year but with the current change of city for the coyotes I doubt there will be many coyotes fans around to talk with right now.

Reactions: Schemp

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
If anything I’d he will be even less available than ever, and he’s never been available.

New owner with big plans trying to impress his new fanbase with an up and coming club who will be looking to win next year while maintaining some continuity and leadership (and physical play on the ice) in a locker room that has been through the ringer this year isn’t going to be looking to deal Crouse.

Reactions: banks

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
New owner is going to want to be somewhat competitive right away. They'll likely keep everyone good and spend the boatload of cash they have on top free agents

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Crouse is the type of guy the devs should overpay a bit for imo….
He’ll bring some bite back to the team they lost in sharengovich/wood/zetterlund

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Crouse is the captain, and he's admirably rallied the fairly young Yotes squad this season during all the noise. He plays 2nd PP and 1st PK as well. He's locked in at 4.3m for 3 more years after this

They've insulated their top three NHL-ready prospects this year and they will build on their growth next year. Keller, Schmaltz, Maccelli are here to stay as well. The team is most likely looking to hopefully sign an impact free agent defensemen

Crouse is not going anywhere tbh

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don’t think he’s available unless he specifically asks for a trade. I suspect Ryan Smith is going to ask Bill Armstrong to add to the roster, rather than subtract. He’s going to want to push for the playoffs right away, if possible. I don’t think he’s going to be making hockey decisions but do think he’ll have a say on overarching strategy. I doubt foolishly abandoning the rebuild is the goal. But I don’t think selling off core pieces is the goal either.

The Utah team is going to have a heck of a lot of future 2nd and 3rd picks to trade for roster help. As well as a heck of a lot of capspace with which to sign UFAs to overly expensive, shorter term deals. I think those are the kinds of deals the Utah team will make.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
New owner supposedly wants to contend immediately, so I don't see Crouse being traded. But if he was it's probably for a Dawson Mercer type.

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
He'll cost the same as every other starish forward at the deadline, a late 1st and some meaningless add ins.

If he has a career year going into the deadline he might fetch an additional 2nd round pick.

I don't get why people stress about value, we see the same trades every year. Rinse the Yotes repeat.

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
Crouse isn't/shouldn't be available, but he's one of the few guys in the league at the forward position that I'd happily overpay significantly for.

From the leafs, I doubt we'd have what it takes, but it's fun to think about what could be.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
He would cost far more than a 40 point 4.5 million dollar winger should cost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad