Confirmed with Link: Lawrence Gilman, Lorne Henning, Eric Crawford AND Mike Burnstein fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abaddon**

Great, wiping the last streams of Gillis slime off this organization.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
"So this Gilman guy has been harping on me for my contract extensions on Sbisa, Dorsett, etc. How can I remedy that?

I know, I'll fire him. Problem solved."

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
What a complete joke. By all accounts, Crawford sounded intelligent and a good gauge of talent. He should have been leading the charge on the draft table. Delorme, who has been here much longer, deserves much more of the blame and he should have been the one to go.

Benning and company have no idea what they are doing. They are ruining this team and they don't even know it.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Literally the nicest and best people within our front office strictly from a people perspective.

They also happen to know a ton about running a hockey team. Can we please do something? Banning is ruining our franchise!!!

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area
Well the only positive I can think of is when this team of morons all get canned we'll have fresh blood from the top down. I can't imagine either of Gilman and Henning taking over as the GM of the Canucks... and when Benning and Co get fired, I wouldn't necessarily want them to take over.

Also they deserve to work in an environment where their meaningful input is being heard.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
The purge has begun.

Either these guys quit after the recent moves because they couldn't take it anymore, or they disagreed with Benning and he fired them and wants more Weisebros in with similar philosophy of running the organization to the ground.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
So how long until these guys are picked up by another team? I'll say 1 week MAX for Gilman.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Keep Delorme, fire Gilman, Henning, Crawford.

I just don't know.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
LOL this couldn't get any worse.

Weisbrod runs the table, Delorme's back in the GM's ear, and the competent individuals who could possibly counter-balance the idiocies are thrown out.

My guess is all three disagreed with the direction and decisions of Linden, Benning and Weisbrod and this is the result.

Hated the Linden hire, hated the Benning hire, hated the Weisbrod hire, and it's all unfortunately affirming my beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad