Laval Rocket: Laval Rocket at Toronto Marlies 4PM EST

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
North Division top5 makes the PO.

Syracuse and Cleveland are basically locks. We face Syracuse 1 more time and Cleveland 2.

Then you have:
Rochester 4 points ahead with no games in hand and we own the tiebreaker (RW). We do not face them again this year so no 4 points games.

Belleville Senators 3 points ahead with no games in hand and we own the tiebreaker (RW). We face them 6 more times this season ( almost 50% of the remaining 13 games). These 6 games could almost clinch us (or deny us) the POs by themselves.

Marlies are 1 point ahead but 2 games in hand and we have the tiebreaker (RW). We face them twice in the reminder of the season. Each win would put pressure on the Marlies, but since they still control their destiny they are less important than the Belleville games.

Utica are 2 points behind but 1 game in hand and we have the tie breaker (RW). We play them one more game. This is a dangerous game as they should be motivated to spoil our chances and maybe even overtake us in the standings.

We also have a game against Springfield who have been struggling (3-7 in last 10 and 7/8 in Atlantic division).

Hershey (who else) are the only team in the league that has clinched a playoffs spot.

Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
The real must win games are the 6 games against Belleville.

If one of the two teams can win 4 or 5 of these, they basically eliminate the other one.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Fire alarm at midnight at the hotel

That’s a page out of old time hockey tricks assuming it was done with an ulterior motive. But to do this just to inconvenience an AHL team? That would be extreme.

Reminds me of the documentary on the ‘72 Summit Series and how this type of thing and more were resorted to at the hotel Team Canada was staying at, in Russia. However, Russian methods were known and evidently intentional.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
That’s a page out of old time hockey tricks assuming it was done with an ulterior motive. But to do this just to inconvenience an AHL team? That would be extreme.

Reminds me of the documentary on the ‘72 Summit Series and how this type of thing and more were resorted to at the hotel Team Canada was staying at, in Russia. However, Russian methods were known and evidently intentional.

This has happened at Bantam level tournaments as well.....I think Mr. Marcotte came to a rather hasty conclusion after running it by himself lol.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If there was ever a must win game..... this one is

Go Rocket Go

Let us poor Habs fans have something to cheer for please

After today their next 2 games are the biggest of the season, lose them and it's going to put them in a very bad spot.

Staring today this 8 game run that by the end should tell us if we are going to make the playoffs since it's Marlies, Sens, Sens, Marlies, Utica, Sens, Sens, Crunch

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
After today their next 2 games are the biggest of the season, lose them and it's going to put them in a very bad spot.

Staring today this 8 game run that by the end should tell us if we are going to make the playoffs since it's Marlies, Sens, Sens, Marlies, Utica, Sens, Sens, Crunch

Losing Davidson and especially Simoneau is a tough loss at such a crucial time. I don't think Reinbacher will make much of an impact as he will just be trying to get up to speed and learn how to play man vs man defence.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Tempting to bring down Roy and Struble for some extra help
I’d agree if we had someone coming off the IR. It would feel kinda greasy if a team did that to us. Remember the rotten taste Kucherov left after Tampa Bay was playing Cap games. Oddly enough there’s no way Toronto could do the same & send D down…..they don’t have the depth.
Cheers & B-Green

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Losing Davidson and especially Simoneau is a tough loss at such a crucial time. I don't think Reinbacher will make much of an impact as he will just be trying to get up to speed and learn how to play man vs man defence.

Davidson has been hot but I don't think this loss is anything big, but Simoneau is a huge loss since he is one of the players that leads by example and always brings it while being able to provide the offense as well. Such a heart and soul type that for a really young team that's going to sting as I don't know anything about the new vets like Maillet, Andersson, Durandeau but hopefully they can step up.

Dobes has been playing really well lately and the defense seems to have found their pairings but I think they are making a mistake on the PP. I'm glad when they moved Mailloux up to the top PP but now it feels like the 2nd unit often looks better then the 1st. Barron runs the 2nd PP and has Farrell who's been their best player in most of the games since he's been back from injury.

They just bumped him up to the 1st line so he's going to need to lead the way unless they get Roy back as Heineman is playing a good physical game but the production has dropped off a good bit.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
AHL TV for me

Arena is half full at best, nothing like La Place Bell

Marlies average 5,962 fans in a 8,100 places arena.

Rocket average 9,091 fans in a 10,062 places arena.

Laval is in the top attendance group with Cleveland (9,965), Chicago (9,469), Hershey (9,354) and surprisingly Coachella Valley (8,679. Seattle AHL team).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad