Recalled/Assigned: [LAV --> MTL] Karl Alzner Recalled to Montreal (17/01/19)

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Has Bergy made the most expensive AHL blueline in history?Alzner and Schlemballs ? lol.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Did we not just have this thread? Of course hs’s back in the minors. He’s a multi-millionaire beer league player. No exaggeration.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He will travel with Habs Thursday

They want him to play Wednesday AHL game.

It's a smart decision by Habs. Sending him down and calling him back up resets the counter, as well. Not that him being placed on waivers again would change anything. But it does save them having to wait 24 hours before knowing if they send him to Laval or not.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
It's a smart decision by Habs. Sending him down and calling him back up resets the counter, as well. Not that him being placed on waivers again would change anything. But it does save them having to wait 24 hours before knowing if they send him to Laval or not.
It does? I didn't know that.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Has Bergy made the most expensive AHL blueline in history?Alzner and Schlemballs ? lol.

Better that than not admitting his mistakes.

All year I've wanted Mete, Rielly, and Kulak ahead of Alzner and Schlmeko. Now it's finally happened. I'm not complaining.

I even like that Juulsen is getting more seasoning in Laval and Benn is back to his old self: stabilizing the bottom pair and not playing in the top 4, where he's just not meant to play. I'd take Beaulieu back if he could play on a bottom pair with Benn. Not saying Beaulieu is better than Kulak. Just saying Beaulieu was much better than he'd been when we acquired Benn to play with him.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Hmm not sure if it resets the counter. Isn't it 30 days after he was last put on waivers?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He was send to Laval because Schlemko got injured again......
giphy.gif

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I keep thinking the Habs are making deals with the Golden Knights every time I see LAV.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Maybe the team got tired of opening too many pickle jars for Karl so they sent him down to the AHL to make the kids do it. :dunno:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Does anyone think he will retire after this season?

I can't imagine he is going to want to keep riding the bus in the AHL even if the money is good.

I can see him "retiring" and then trying to sign a million dollar contract or going to Europe/KHL.

I just don't see Karl spending all of next season in Laval either.

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015

I can't imagine he is going to want to keep riding the bus in the AHL even if the money is good.

I can see him "retiring" and then trying to sign a million dollar contract or going to Europe/KHL.

he's not going to say goodbye to 13.875M over 3 years to go in europe and sign for 1M a year

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

The thought went through my mind. Money talks though. If he feels comfortable on the money he has made so far in his career sets him and his family up for life, I think he considers it. I'm not so sure Europe/KHL gives him a nice contract though.

After this year, he has made $12M/$23.125M and 3 more years to go. Maybe if he goes through this again next year, he seriously considers it. $16.625M/$23.125M

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad