Confirmed with Link: Lauzon to Predators for 2nd RD 2022.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't hate Borgen, but do you honestly think he's better than Lauzon?

It's hard to say when the kids only played a handful of games this year. Stats wise Borgen isn't that far off, and slightly better in some, from Lauzon. So if you get similar production without the needless penalties then it could be considered a win.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I don't hate Borgen, but do you honestly think he's better than Lauzon?
Borgen moves really well for his size, and he actually has a quick first step, which for a big D is uncommon.

In a few of his games, he has some really impressive stretch passes that split the D and created some break-aways, and would have had a few more if his team mates were ready for the velocity of his heavy pass, it nearly knocked their sticks out of their hands.

He walks the blue line well with the puck, and can find shooting lanes better than Lauzon, and in one-on-one D situations, he is very strong.

I honestly do not know which player will ultimately be better in their careers, but Lauzon has a big head start that was only furthered this season in Seattle.

While both are defensive D, they have different strengths to their games, and Lauzon has more confidence now, but there was a reason Borgen was the only Collegiate defenseman chosen for Team USA in the PyeongChang Winter Olympics, and I hope he can settle in and find his game if given a chance here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad