Lauri Korpikoski

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Love Korpikoski's game, and I personally haven't missed Gordon at all. For those that have, I'm sure you'll forget about him soon enough when we have McDavid-Nuge-Drai-Letestu down the middle, with Lander on wing able to take draws or fill in. Also still have Yakimov or Khaira potentially in a couple years to take over the 4C. Things are looking good down the middle for this team.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
A little off topic but I'm struggling to notice a huge difference between Letestu and Gordon personally. Gordon was, obviously, stronger in the faceoff circle but in general, they seem like the same player to me.

Letestu is little less reckless and physical and a little more cerebral than what I'd expected.

Letestu is also a more effective player in the O-zone and he makes almost 1/2 the salary.

Very good signing.

As for Korpikoski...very solid so far. Adds speed and heaviness to the forecheck and he has an offensive touch as well.

Its perplexing to me why anyone would criticize this player at this time unless they have an agenda.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Letestu is also a more effective player in the O-zone and he makes almost 1/2 the salary.

Very good signing.

As for Korpikoski...very solid so far. Adds speed and heaviness to the forecheck and he has an offensive touch as well.

Its perplexing to me why anyone would criticize this player at this time unless they have an agenda.

I agree, the only thing that has annoyed me is his lack of finish so far. He's clearly got more offence to his game than Gordon, but my god he has to pot at least one of those gifts McDavid gave him these last 2 games, tonight especially all he had to do was touch the puck with his stick. I'm sure it will come though and we'll see 10-15 goals out of him, just frustrating because I know he's better than what he's shown in terms of his finish.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I agree, the only thing that has annoyed me is his lack of finish so far. He's clearly got more offence to his game than Gordon, but my god he has to pot at least one of those gifts McDavid gave him these last 2 games, tonight especially all he had to do was touch the puck with his stick. I'm sure it will come though and we'll see 10-15 goals out of him, just frustrating because I know he's better than what he's shown in terms of his finish.

I agree...he has been snakebit offensively even by his own admission.

I heard him say in an interview a few games ago that he has really struggled offensively more so than any time he can remember but that he cant let it get him down.

Like you...I think he will come around as well.

As for Korpikoski...very useful player on the forecheck and on the PK. The team is better with his speed in the lineup.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I've been pleased with Korpi - he's not putting up great offensive numbers yet, but he's tenacious on the forecheck and has decent speed. I think he's a good fit for a third line winger with the right players with him.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I agree...he has been snakebit offensively even by his own admission.

I heard him say in an interview a few games ago that he has really struggled offensively more so than any time he can remember but that he cant let it get him down.

Like you...I think he will come around as well.

As for Korpikoski...very useful player on the forecheck and on the PK. The team is better with his speed in the lineup.
I'm okay with a guy who creates offensive chances and works hard with a strong forecheck and solid game. The goals will come.

Better then if he was just not playing well

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4