OT: Launching Crowdy on Friday + need testers

paine

Jun 4, 2007
We're launching Crowdy at the Ducks vs Hawks game on Friday (11/28). The app is available on the app store.

There's ~25 of us who will be at the game wearing bright yellow t-shirts. Fun. :naughty:

I'm looking for people who want to test the app at the game tomorrow night or on Friday. Let me know if you'd like to participate.

We're also looking for early adopters who'd be kind enough to help spread the word. It's very easy to invite people. See below. :yo:

B3OrvxwCMAEog9H.jpg:large

B3OuKQiCUAARKH9.jpg:large

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Is there an Android option yet? If so I'll be happy to help! If not...I'll be happy to help WHEN you get an Android version.

Thanks!

Android version is next. I'll let you know when it's available on Google Play. :)

paine

Jun 4, 2007
I'll be at both tomorrow's and Friday's games. I'd be willing to help out :)

Edit- Just downloaded the app.

Awesome! Thanks.

Good luck. I like the idea, and am very interested in the results.

Thanks! Appreciate it.

good luck erincut. Like to see the HF vets do well.

Thanks!

Won't be at the game tomorrow, but downloaded the app to see how the notifications come in:) love this idea

Sounds good. : )

I'd love any and all feedback.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Just downloaded the app

Awesome! Thanks.

Wont be there obviously but great idea - hope it works out Eric! ;)

Thanks, appreciate it. ; )

I'll be at tomorrow's game. I'd be willing to help. :)

-Gina

Wonderful! Please let me know what you think of the app, good and bad.

Keep it mind, tonight is a test so the effectiveness will be limited. We aren't officially launching the app until Friday.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
So how exactly does this work? Do I need to be around others that have the app? I wasn't at the game but I did check the app and saw nothing.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
So how did it go?

Went well. Small test, but we didn't encounter any bugs.

We have a lot more planned for the game today. We're handing out small informational cards to fans before the game, and 25 of us will be in attendance.

So how exactly does this work? Do I need to be around others that have the app? I wasn't at the game but I did check the app and saw nothing.

You should receive a push notification when a new chant is about to start. This is a very early concept of Crowdy. We plan on improving the app based on user feedback.

better remember me come ipo time

:laugh:

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014
This sounds awesome to me... definitely something that the crowd needs here. I think you have the right idea with the distribution of the info cards. Hopefully it's something that builds steam as the season progresses. I feel like the Silfverberg chant and the Ref You Suck chant are the only good ones we have... will be looking forward to some new ones! Good luck.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
You should receive a push notification when a new chant is about to start. This is a very early concept of Crowdy. We plan on improving the app based on user feedback

I see that there is a My Crowds and an Invitiations section on your app. Which leads me to believe that I need to join some type of group or it be location based to receive the push notification. Otherwise if you rolled it out league wide wouldn't everybody with the app receive notifications for every team in the league and every game?

Fyi, I received zero push notifications and there was zero content within the app, the game I was checking. I just checked my notification center and all notifications are on. Again I was at home and not anywhere near the arena. I'm missing something or I just found some kind of bug. Idk.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
One thing i thought about (idk if it is in there or not) - also maybe would be a good idea to add an option to boo someone. This came up in my mind seeing that Oilers will play in Honda Center soon :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad