Latvia

ryanghg

Oct 29, 2005
Montreal
Hey guys,

I may be going to Latvia to see some of the WC games soon....

Has anyone ever been there? Any comments or suggestions?

Also....I'm only 17...would that be a problem? I'm fairly sure the drinking age there is 18? The guys I'm meeting up with are in their 20s so I don't want to be left behind :)

Thanks a lot.

natodawn

Oct 19, 2004
Klaipeda, Lithuania
ryanghg said:
Hey guys,

Also....I'm only 17...would that be a problem? I'm fairly sure the drinking age there is 18? The guys I'm meeting up with are in their 20s so I don't want to be left behind :)

Thanks a lot.
Was in Riga in 1997 and was in Lithuania (country just south) in 2004. Latvia is cool and is a hang out for Brits who can fly there for cheap on weekend excursions. Beer is good, food is good - shouldn't be a problem for you :)

Have fun!

ryanghg

Oct 29, 2005
Montreal
natodawn said:
Was in Riga in 1997 and was in Lithuania (country just south) in 2004. Latvia is cool and is a hang out for Brits who can fly there for cheap on weekend excursions. Beer is good, food is good - shouldn't be a problem for you :)

Have fun!
Thanks a lot. :)

I can't wait! :yo:

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
Ahh, vacationing in eastern europe.. nothing better..
If you like alchoholic beverages, you're gonna love it there..

Enjoy

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Lucky!! I heard Latvia was a really nice country, but everyone that has traveled through the Baltic states say that Tallinn and Estonia (in general) is the nicest of the three.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
I'm going there with my friends in June and I'm gonna be so shitfaced on the terraces :D

We Finns love to go boozing in Tallinn but this is nice alternative for it.

I bet the chicks are as hot as in Estonia :)

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
ryanghg said:
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot.

Yes you can buy booze if youre 18, but mind that its illegal to drink in public places like parks or on streets. If police will ctach you, you will be fined (i dont know how much fine is, probably around 30-40 EUROS). Also i suggest to try all sorts of latvian beers, every one of them is realy good. Welcome to Riga, im 100% sure you will have time of youre life here.

burgundynblue

Aug 7, 2005
Haha, I saw a group of fans, and one of them was carrying a travelpack on his back. It looked alot if those guys have put some cans with beer inside and drunk it through tubules :D So that to avoid meeting with cops :)

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
motojime said:
Haha, I saw a group of fans, and one of them was carrying a travelpack on his back. It looked alot if those guys have put some cans with beer inside and drunk it through tubules :D So that to avoid meeting with cops :)

Yeah saw it too, finnish fans use this method alot :propeller

BruinsGirl

Aug 27, 2002
Bruinsville, MA
Visit site
Slick Nick said:
Lucky!! I heard Latvia was a really nice country, but everyone that has traveled through the Baltic states say that Tallinn and Estonia (in general) is the nicest of the three.

All three countries are nice...

I visited all three back when I still lived in Ukraine.

Latvia probably has the highest % of Russian populations (at least it was before the split)

5mn Major

Jan 14, 2006
I visited Riga a couple times over the last 5 years. I like it so much I quit my job in the states and moved here. Lovin every minute of it.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Just came back from another trip there (no hockey though)...It's a very nice country! You'll enjoy, I'm sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad