GDT: Latvia vs Canada 10:00am/12:00pm- QUARTERFINALS

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Has Kunitz even had a good shift this tournament. We tried to take chemistry and I applaud taking a risk to try and get an advantage but it has failed hopefully we don't do it again.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Has Kunitz even had a good shift this tournament. We tried to take chemistry and I applaud taking a risk to try and get an advantage but it has failed hopefully we don't do it again.

The first shift of the game. Tick tack pass from Bergeron to Crosby to Kunitz and Kunitz hit the post

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Kunitz is awful. He clearly doesn't belong with the upper echelon of players that Canada has

Hope they at least try "Sid-lite" Matt Duchene with the Croz

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
I would like to see Nash play with Crosby, giving Crosby a big body, skilled winger to play with and who can also battle on the boards. I also would mind Duchene getting the LW spot, as his speed would be a huge asset to retrieve pucks and to forecheck. Put Bergeron the fourth line with St. Louis and Sharp.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If Taveres is injured, that just means Kunitz is going to be double shifted.

Honestly, I think he just needs new linemates; clearly the only reason he's struggling is because he's playing with bums like Crosby and Bergeron. Give Kunitz some Olympic calibre talent, as he himself is assuredly more than good enough for the Olympics, and Canada will finally have a real good first line.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I would like to see Nash play with Crosby, giving Crosby a big body, skilled winger to play with and who can also battle on the boards. I also would mind Duchene getting the LW spot, as his speed would be a huge asset to retrieve pucks and to forecheck. Put Bergeron the fourth line with St. Louis and Sharp.

Nash has been tried with Crosby and looked terrible. Nash has also looked worse then Kunitz this Olympics. People need to get over their hatrid that Kunitz made the team. He had an excellent game today.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Nash has been tried with Crosby and looked terrible. Nash has also looked worse then Kunitz this Olympics. People need to get over their hatrid that Kunitz made the team. He had an excellent game today.

Nash was responsible for the first Canadian goal, though. I thought this was his best game, but I'm not a Rick Nash fan either.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Players who didn't have the best game:
- Keith
- Pietrangelo
- St.Louis: Didn't have that much time on the ice though
- Benn: Looks out of place

I thought Crosby had his best game of the tournament. Bergeron played well and Kunitz did all right I guess. Carter played great defensively and Getzlaf/Perry turned it up a notch today.

Having all of that possession time will really help our chemistry I think.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
Was really hoping for a Slovenia - Latvia gold medal game. Sigh. Maybe next olympics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad