Rumor: latest (Nov 12) Hajek loan rumor: HC Kometa Brno

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Elite Prospects - Hockey Players, Stats and Transactions
11/11/2020 Libor Hájek (D) New York Rangers HC Kometa Brno

Kometa teď není pro „staré“. Král začal vládnout, chystá se Hájek!
The comet is not for the "old" now. The king has begun to rule, Hajek is getting ready!
"And beware, there is going to be another talent with experience from the NHL. Libor Hájek (22) is preparing with the team, who has reconsidered his engagement closer to home in the north of Moravia and wants to wear a Brno jersey before leaving for overseas. It won't be this week. Maybe the other one already. "It's a matter of dealing with agents and insurance. The Rangers have no problem with that, "Zábranský informed. "Libor looks great in training. I have no doubt that he will play for the Comet, "he assured.
Why did Hájek suddenly turn around? "It simply came to our notice then. Everyone sometimes makes a mistake, "concluded Zábranský."

Reactions: nyr2k2

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
exactly. It is a bit of a red flag that he can't even get into a game in the Czech league. Rangers should try trading him.
I wouldn’t do that now. He has no value. At best he brings back a third or fourth rounder. Maybe less. Like Andersson, let him build value. If he doesn’t, it’s not like we’re missing a great opportunity to move him. But there is still a chance he develops.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I wouldn’t do that now. He has no value. At best he brings back a third or fourth rounder. Maybe less. Like Andersson, let him build value. If he doesn’t, it’s not like we’re missing a great opportunity to move him. But there is still a chance he develops.

I am willing to cut ties and focus on playing somebody else like Miller or Reunanen or Rykov. If some team gives us 3rd rounder for Hajek I take it.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I am willing to cut ties and focus on playing somebody else like Miller or Reunanen or Rykov. If some team gives us 3rd rounder for Hajek I take it.
Fair enough. But I think keeping Hajek doesn’t block anyone and there is upside so that 3rd rounder is probably available next year too if he does well in Hartford. And we need players for Hartford too. Anyhow, I’m just saying I don’t see the need to do anything right now in this case.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Fair enough. But I think keeping Hajek doesn’t block anyone and there is upside so that 3rd rounder is probably available next year too if he does well in Hartford. And we need players for Hartford too. Anyhow, I’m just saying I don’t see the need to do anything right now in this case.

it potentially blocks Miller, Rykov and Reunanen.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
it potentially blocks Miller, Rykov and Reunanen.

Hajek is still young enough that I don't see it as "blocking prospects". Look, we are in a situation where we have a bunch of u23 players fighting for a spot on the blueline. This is great. Whoever is the best player will get that spot.

Johnson is here for 1 year, same with Smith, one year remaining. This season will be all about earning that spot, whether that's Reunanen, Hajek or Miller, I don't care.

Let the best kid play.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Hajek isn't Staal. He's 22 and had played like 30 games. If the other guys are better, I have no doubt they'll play. He's not going to block a superior player.

IDK if Rykov comes back, and even if he does he really isn't that good.

isn't he under the contract with Rangers? And if they did not want him they should have traded him at the draft.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
isn't he under the contract with Rangers?...
I presume this question is re Rykov
as with Krav, it is unclear whether NYR made any arrangement, regarding his loan, to not recall before end of KHL season
last season was a washout, but I hope he gives NA another shot, even with Hajek, Miller, Tarmo and Roberston in the LHD queue.
Rykov has the most high-level experience of them all (all or parts of 5 KHL) , and is still young-ish, not 24 until mid-April
Yegor Rykov at eliteprospects.com

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
isn't he under the contract with Rangers? And if they did not want him they should have traded him at the draft.
He is under contract. When he can come back this year, no one knows. After this year, he is RFA and can sign anywhere if he refuses to sign our QO. He may prefer a guaranteed job in the KHL to having to win a spot in New York and potentially having to play in Hartford. The flat cap in the KHL does change the dynamic a bit, however.

All that said, even when he has been healthy in North America, I was never impressed. He didn't look particularly good in Hartford--kind of slow, indecisive, not really doing anything noteworthy. He ended up benched for a bunch of games. Obviously his first season in North America, but he was 22 and had three full seasons of KHL experience under his belt. Even if he was hindered by the ankle, he really should have shown more. I just don't think he's anything special. He's also having a very up-and-down year in the KHL, playing mostly on the third pair and seeing limited minutes most games.

I don't really see him in a different tier than Hajek at this point. And who knows if he's even a Ranger beyond this year.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
He is under contract. When he can come back this year, no one knows. After this year, he is RFA and can sign anywhere if he refuses to sign our QO. He may prefer a guaranteed job in the KHL to having to win a spot in New York and potentially having to play in Hartford. The flat cap in the KHL does change the dynamic a bit, however.

All that said, even when he has been healthy in North America, I was never impressed. He didn't look particularly good in Hartford--kind of slow, indecisive, not really doing anything noteworthy. He ended up benched for a bunch of games. Obviously his first season in North America, but he was 22 and had three full seasons of KHL experience under his belt. Even if he was hindered by the ankle, he really should have shown more. I just don't think he's anything special. He's also having a very up-and-down year in the KHL, playing mostly on the third pair and seeing limited minutes most games.

I don't really see him in a different tier than Hajek at this point. And who knows if he's even a Ranger beyond this year.

from some videos I saw he seemed like a solid player, he seemed good defensively and confident with good poise. If he rejects QO he can't sign with another NHL team if NHL is his goal. Best situation is if he gets traded to a rebuilding team that needs good young players and has too many draft picks.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
from some videos I saw he seemed like a solid player, he seemed good defensively and confident with good poise. If he rejects QO he can't sign with another NHL team if NHL is his goal. Best situation is if he gets traded to a rebuilding team that needs good young players and has too many draft picks.
Yeah I get it. Who knows his goal, though. Nick Jensen tore it up in the AHL and refused our offer to be a top-level player in the KHL. Some guys, it's more about having a big role and regular TOI than making the NHL. Is that Rykov? Who knows. If he comes back at the end of his KHL season and gets stuck in Hartford, though, dollars to donuts he doesn't stick around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad