Late Draft

Enders Game

Jun 4, 2018
Yahoo standard scoring in head to head weekly matchups. Forwards, Defenseman, Goalies. I was pick 5 in a 12 team league:

My team Draft order: Mackinnon, E. Karlsson, Holtby, Trocheck, Rantanen, Ehlers, Simmonds, Allen, Pacioretty, Hoffman, Parayko, Trouba, Hischier, Lindholm, Heiskanen, Palmieri

Lines: This would be a deep team to play against.. but for fantasy purposes the defense could be better I think.

Rantanen-Mackinnon-Simmonds
Ehlers-Hischier-Palmieri
Pacioretty-Trocheck-Hoffman

Karlsson-Paryko
Lindholm-Trouba
Hesikanen-Weber (if waiver claim goes through)

Holtby
Allen

First round went: McDavid, Ovechkin, Kucherov, Crosby, Mackinnon, Taveres, Matthews, Malkin, Laine, Kane, Seguin, Marchand.

In the second round I took Erik Karlsson; Jamie Benn and Stamkos were taken right before.
Third round Holtby was still available and despite a possible Stanley Cup hangover it seemed too good to pass up.
Fourth round: Due to taking Holtby previously and not having a pick for 15 selections the following were gone: Eichel, Kessel, Tarasenko, Barzal, Marner, Hedman, Kopitar, Scheifle, and Pavelski. I took Trocheck over Barkov, Draisatil, Subban, Doughty, and Voracek.
Fifth round I followed up with another forward for the missed out firepower before. Took Rantanen to team up with Mackinnon.
Continued making up high end forward loss by selecting a goalie by taking Ehlers in round six.
Round 7 the following defenseman were gone: Josi, Gostisbehere, Barrie, and Klingberg. I took Wayne Simmonds over Carlson, Girodano, Werenski, Ristolainen, Ekblad, Pieterangelo, and McAvoy.
Round 8 I solidified my goaltending with Allen. Missed Seth Jones, Krug, and Yandle.

I should have picked a couple defenseman earlier as I have a forward surplus, but that's never a bad thing to have. Getting Karlsson early on made me a lot less concerned with my defense. Lots of defenseman sleepers this year. Hoping to get Weber and put on IR for my waiver claim. Chabot is also still available for free agency as is Morissey and Seabrook.

This is my first fantasy hockey draft. Besides for not going for defenseman earlier how did I do? Hopefully I can make a trade with someone to boost my defense corps by trading off a forward. Thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad