Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Seriously, where's Kempe?

rocky-rockybalboa.gif

LKI

May 15, 2016
Jūrmala
How can be when you beat us last year?
Goalkeeping, no PP, insane junior level defense. Looks like whole different team.
Doesn't seem like we want to play in front of goal at all like we did last year.
Missing few top line key players... substitutes are not proving themselves like they usually do.
+ imo bad schedule

EDIT: Yes, I mean step up from last game

Last edited:

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
I've never been Elvis fan, due to the antics, but used to have some sort of respect towards him as not any random goalie can make it into NHL. People here are saying he's a different goalie since Kivlenieks death, but even then, Elvis made that situation all about himself. He kept repeating media how Kiv saved him and his wife, he ''took over'' Kiv's jersey number in Latvian national team; it was Kiv's death and he SOMEHOW made it about himself, still. I don't care if this is unpopular opinion, but that's how I see it.

Edit: prior this tournament Latvian hockey player said he has played w Elvis in junior teams and that he has never been a team player. Elvis response? State that media has declared war against him (?) and that he doesn't even know the guy (who said it).

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't really care about that, he fit the "crazy goalie" trope, maybe not in a very likable way but whatever, he was a really good goalie. If anything, he should have probably moved to the NHL sooner because he was above the Swiss league level in his last seasons with Lugano as well.

But it seems that in terms of playing ability, that guy is gone and is not returning.

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
I don't want to say that he is not returning, I will still be optimistic, he is clearly a very emotional person and for such people tragedies like what happened with Kivlinieks can really screw up a lot, with the recovery taking a long time. So maybe he will finally sort out his mental state and become that high quality goalie he once was, though given that he is 30, not much time left.

But he definitely shouldn't be treated as default number 1 goalie anymore just because he plays in NHL. He needs to earn the trust back, either by having a spectacular season in NHL, or by waiting as a back up for his chance to show himself once more.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad