NFL: Last team to lose part 4

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm going Broncos now because they are getting better each game

I think it's going to be Atlanta or Denver though

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I didn't notice the Falcons had such a pukeworthy easy schedule until now. They're not going to lose anytime soon.

and as a Panthers fan I hate it.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Pats or Pack

Agreed, with the way the schedules are for both those teams it's not hard to imagine that they'd both be 14-2 at the end of the season but here's how I see it playing out:

1. Pats should get to 8-0 before playing their achilles heel @Giants, but could still easily end up coming into Denver at 10-0.

2. Packers could also get to 10-0, although they will have a tougher schedule to get there than the Pats.

3. Falcons have a weak schedule but I'm not sold on them since they had close calls against the Eagles, Giants and Romo/Dez-less Cowboys.

4. Broncos will get to 6-0 before losing to the Packers

5. Bengals will lose next week to the Seahawks

6. Panthers will lose week 6, following their bye, also to the Seahawks

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Easy sched coming up.

vs WSH
@ NO
@ TEN
vs TB
@ SF
vs IND
vs MIN
@ TB

They could very well run the table there. Seriously, they will be favored in every game.

So I am picking them. Pats will lose to either the Giants or Broncos on the road. Packers will lose @ CAR or @ DEN.

Pats won't lose at Denver. They won't hold us under 30 and they haven't scored 30+ much this year.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I didn't notice the Falcons had such a pukeworthy easy schedule until now. They're not going to lose anytime soon.

and as a Panthers fan I hate it.

damn, I didn't realize how cake-easy that schedule is. The only playoff teams the Falcons play this season are whoever wins the two worst divisions in the NFL and Carolina*.

*assuming Carolina doesn't fall apart

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
If Pittsburgh can hold them under 30, the Broncos definitely can.

The Pats were also two overthrown passes on 4th & 1 from hanging 50+ on Buffalo who certainly has a better D than Steelers. Broncos have a good D so I'm not saying it won't happen but if the Broncos let up 24 vs. the Chiefs and gave up 20 vs. the Vikings, I'm fairly confident the Pats can put up 30...

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
If the Denver offense can score 20 pts on the Patriots they can beat them because I am confident the Broncos defense can hold the Pats to 2 TD and a couple of FGs.

However the Patriots defense is pretty good so if Manning starts throwing Ducks all over the field then the Patriots can easily score more points on a short field.

Denver needs a solid RB to open up more passing opportunities. Hillman and CJ Anderson haven't been the answer imo.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
If the Denver offense can score 20 pts on the Patriots they can beat them because I am confident the Broncos defense can hold the Pats to 2 TD and a couple of FGs.

However the Patriots defense is pretty good so if Manning starts throwing Ducks all over the field then the Patriots can easily score more points on a short field.

Denver needs a solid RB to open up more passing opportunities. Hillman and CJ Anderson haven't been the answer imo.

Like it's been said on Avs bard, the lack of Broncos running game is due to Manning, not Hillman and CJ. Everyone stacks the box because there's no threat of the deep ball.

And good luck with the Broncs keeping them under 20 when they allowed that much or more in games against Chiefs and Vikings, two teams whose offense is a far cry from the Pats. Also Brady doesn't hold on to the ball as long as other QB's, which will make things difficult for the Broncos D in terms of getting pressure on Brady.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Denver's defense is the reason that team is 4-0, but I don't see them holding the Pats to 20-24 pts, just too many weapons on offense for Brady, especially with Brandon LaFell coming back by week 7 or 8.

Amendola, Edelman and LaFell at WR, with Gronk at TE and Lewis out of the backfield is about as hard to cover as it gets.

Add Scott Chandler into a red zone heavy package for Amendola or Lewis and good luck covering TWO 6'6"+ TE's

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
On who wins or on the Pats scoring more than 30?

Doesn't matter. Either, or, or both if you're so inclined :)

A more reliable offensive line would be nice as well. These guys simply don't open up enough holes consistently enough. CJ looks like he's lost his explosiveness from last year though... don't know what's up with him but he doesn't look like the same guy so far. I think he'll turn it around eventually, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Like it's been said on Avs bard, the lack of Broncos running game is due to Manning, not Hillman and CJ. Everyone stacks the box because there's no threat of the deep ball.

And good luck with the Broncs keeping them under 20 when they allowed that much or more in games against Chiefs and Vikings, two teams whose offense is a far cry from the Pats. Also Brady doesn't hold on to the ball as long as other QB's, which will make things difficult for the Broncos D in terms of getting pressure on Brady.

"Due to Manning"? Perhaps in part but the Broncos have perhaps the best one two tandem in the league in DT and ES; both of which are consistent and reliable deep threats. The reason why the Broncos are lacking a running game is not due to Peyton, it's due to an offensive line that can't establish themselves at the line of scrimmage whether they're run blocking, pass blocking or otherwise. As soon as some semblance of a balanced threat emerges, you'll find that with a bit more time to set himself in the pocket the intermediate and long passing game will be fine. Hard for a QB to stand in there and let routes develop when such little time is afforded to begin with and defenses can pin their ears because they don't have to respect the run.

What has been more concerning actually is the intermediate and short passing game. Peyton has been pretty reliable this season (excluding the overthrows to ES) passing 20+ yards; his accuracy and placement on those looks as good as it has in a while.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad