Speculation: Last Buyout: Samuelsson?

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Will the Red Wings use their last compliance buyout on Samuelsson? There was talk of it last week. The wings used their first on Colaiacovo. There is no room for him in the lineup and with Alfredsson and Weiss being signed in Free Agency there is no use for him either. So should they buy out Sammy's last year at $3M? Or should they roll it over to next year and eat the cap hit.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
They can't buy him out using a compliance buyout now.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
Will the Red Wings use their last compliance buyout on Samuelsson? There was talk of it last week. The wings used their first on Colaiacovo. There is no room for him in the lineup and with Alfredsson and Weiss being signed in Free Agency there is no use for him either. So should they buy out Sammy's last year at $3M? Or should they roll it over to next year and eat the cap hit.

I don't think the idea of buying Sammy out is particularly new. Word has been that he was a target, his agent told his team they'd fight it on the injury front and... nothing.

Seems pretty likely Babcock/Holland KNOW that at his age there's no way in hell Sammy passes a physical.

Also, yeah the buyout period (compliance anyways) is over.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Can a mod please pull the thread. It appears I was mistaken about the buyout period deadline. My fault for not double checking I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad