Confirmed with Link: Lars 'Danish Rage' Eller Re-Signs (3.5m x 4 years) overlords rejoices

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
So he should be getting about 3.5 million a year?.. damn Habs caved in. Long term... its a great deal if he fulfills his potential

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Got more than I expected but I'm not complaining.

Now make him earn his contract and give him more responsibilities!

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
L'harceleur for 4 years? Megusta. Was expecting 3M but he's worth that money, good for him. Bergevin must like those 4 year deals (Desharnais, Emelin, Eller).

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Very surprised Eller agreed to a four year deal. Great signing by Bergevin.

I don't feel Eller earned the contract but on a four year deal, it won't hurt too much.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
Good contract IMO. Could have been for less on a shorter deal, but now he's locked up to a term that matches our current roster at a decent cap hit.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
3,5M$ for a solid 3rd line center is good, especially with the 9M$+ contracts signed by first liners. Habs are also getting 2 years of UFA.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Hahaha what happened mr Bergevin

I'm a little surprised at the length, but it's good news.

eller is an important player on this team whether he's playing with the most skilled players or not. He brings a different dimension to this squad that the other skill centers cannot, and that is the ability to control the puck down low.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
I'm happy. I think Lars will earn his contract and I won't be surprised if this ends up being a bargain.

The interesting part of this deal isn't the deal itself, but what it entails. I was worried Eller wasn't in MB's plan but locking him up long term shows otherwise. This put Plek on the hot seat IMO. Don't see him sticking with the club for much longer. One of him or DD is on their way out.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
I wonder if the salary is 3.5per or an increasing one that buys his UFA years at a higher cost than the RFA ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad