Confirmed with Link: Larry Pleau to the Coyotes

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I was thinking Dvorak but I could live with that.
1 year of Kessel in the Hoffman role(3rd line with Thomas with lots of PP time)? Could work.

I still think Kessel can offer a contending team a lot in a supporting role, and you know he'll be hungry (no pun intended) for another playoff run.

The only thing I'm not sure about is Tarasenko's willingness to play for a rebuilding Coyotes team. Might need a third team involved to make it work, but I can think of worse returns for Vladi. Dvorak would be great, but can't see Bill and Larry that excited to take on Tarasenko's contract unless we make it worth their while.

Reactions: mk80

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I still think Kessel can offer a contending team a lot in a supporting role, and you know he'll be hungry (no pun intended) for another playoff run.

The only thing I'm not sure about is Tarasenko's willingness to play for a rebuilding Coyotes team. Might need a third team involved to make it work, but I can think of worse returns for Vladi. Dvorak would be great, but can't see Bill and Larry that excited to take on Tarasenko's contract unless we make it worth their while.

Maybe Meruelo wants to prove he can spend some money?

Edit: And it's not that I think Kessel is washed up; I'm just not sure about bringing in that kind of defensive liability. Not sure we're strong enough defensively to cover for him.

Last edited:

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.

Depending on the Vladi return, I’d try and get Kessel at 50% retained and bring back Bozak. They’re incredibly close, have solid on-ice chemistry, and you could shelter him on the third line. Doubt it’d happen though.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
If he does well they could flip him for picks?
The problem with that approach is the same reason Seattle wouldn’t take him. He retains his NTC and can choose not to be traded. Whatever he says today, he might decide he’s happy playing out the contract in Arizona. I don’t see a GM acquiring Tarasenko with a plan to try and flip him.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
What does this mean for the scouting staff?
Pleau was still a huge part of setting our Draft board.
This is interesting, I had no idea Pleau was so involved in our draft process. Do you know if he was actively scouting or playing more of an organizational role?

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
This is interesting, I had no idea Pleau was so involved in our draft process. Do you know if he was actively scouting or playing more of an organizational role?
In the behind the scenes draft access years ago, he was an important part of the draft board. The crew valued his thoughts like a wise sage IMO.

Pleau is a pretty smart guy. I wasn’t his biggest fan as a GM, but some of that is tainted by bad ownership pressures.

Reactions: Blueston and stl76

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003

Almost exclusively an Organizational role.
Pleau really hasn't travelled much since Wendy had her bout with cancer; and as such he obviously doesn't get to take in too many games.

Reactions: stl76

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Larry seems like a nice guy but he was a horrible GM
Eh, he followed Laurie’s orders and probably had a good team his first 5 years as GM before making acquisitions that Laurie probably wanted to go over the top instead of acquiring younger talent before having to destroy the roster as a apart of Laurie’s mandate to sell the team. He and JD put the foundation that was in place for the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad