Injury Report: Larry Brooks: Lundqvist out at least a month with neck injury

Barzaltrick

The New York Saints
Jan 18, 2011
Henrik is one of the only likable Rangers. I wish him a speedy recovery, but I don't see why Talbot can't carry the load for a few weeks. Every time I've seen him play he's looked great and confident in net.

Having said that, I still wouldn't mind if they start losing some games.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Henrik is one of the only likable Rangers. I wish him a speedy recovery, but I don't see why Talbot can't carry the load for a few weeks. Every time I've seen him play he's looked great and confident in net.

Going for the top of one of the top three goalies in the league to Talbot is a step down. It will have an impact.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
We're about to see how truly valuable Lundqvist is to the team.

I suspect the answer will be clear. He will miss about 12 starts, figuring Talbot would have started a few games anyway. Talbot might cost them 5-10 points on those 12 starts. As close as the standings are, I think they will be fighting to keep a playoff spot, rather than fighting for first.

CDirt

Mar 20, 2008
z9.invisionfree.com
Going for the top of one of the top three goalies in the league to Talbot is a step down. It will have an impact.

Talbot's numbers look good on paper but when you look at quality of competition things become a bit clearer. Of the 5 wins he's compiled only two are against post season teams; LA and Boston. Those two have been inconsistent at best a shell of their former selves all season long.

His other wins are against Philly x2 and Carolina x1.

Small sample sizes are deceiving. His loses actually do come against quality competition although on of them come in a game he took over after Lundy was pulled in the third.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't see them keeping pace with the rest of the pack if he's out that long. They can't afford another injury during this stretch either. It's going to take a full team effort to keep them afloat.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Lundqvist was able to make it a manageable problem. Talbot may not be able to.

Jay, this is a message board about the Islanders. I suggest you take your Rangers opinions to the main board. I can't see how that could backfire in any way, shape, or form. :sarcasm:

BroadwayJay*

Jay, this is a message board about the Islanders. I suggest you take your Rangers opinions to the main board. I can't see how that could backfire in any way, shape, or form. :sarcasm:

:laugh:

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007

You guys are nice. I hope he has a long, slow, but very successful recovery that sees him realize his true love is not hockey. After all, life is short and he has already mastered hockey; why risk further injury? Nope, this is a sign from God.

Ideal scenario: Hank gets bored sitting around and goes to a bookstore. He's the best at everything (like Mr. Perfect!), so he reads Ulysses, the book many believe to be the greatest English language novel ever written. He begins researching Joyce's Ireland, visits Martello Tower, and becomes lost in the book's central relationship between surrogate father and wayward son. He spends six months parsing the Buck Mulligan shaving scene, and its parallel to religious ritual, before finally publishing his first piece on the book. The critical community expresses unanimous praise for Hank's work.

Inspired, Lundqvist contacts Harold Bloom and begins working on his own version of Notes on Ulysses. He publishes, sells tens of thousands of copies, and joins Dr. Nick Fargnoli on a tour of Joyce's favorite Irish pubs. While reading at the bar, a near-room temperature Guinness slides down his once-wounded throat and he remembers that miles away and long ago, he played hockey...but he was never just a hockey player. He's a fashion icon, world class athlete, amateur neurosurgeon, and literary critic.

Alas, Henrik, you will be missed.

BroadwayJay*

You guys are nice. I hope he has a long, slow, but very successful recovery that sees him realize his true love is not hockey. After all, life is short and he has already mastered hockey; why risk further injury? Nope, this is a sign from God.

Ideal scenario: Hank gets bored sitting around and goes to a bookstore. He's the best at everything (like Mr. Perfect!), so he reads Ulysses, the book many believe to be the greatest English language novel ever written. He begins researching Joyce's Ireland, visits Martello Tower, and becomes lost in the book's central relationship between surrogate father and wayward son. He spends six months parsing the Buck Mulligan shaving scene, and its parallel to religious ritual, before finally publishing his first piece on the book. The critical community expresses unanimous praise for Hank's work.

Inspired, Lundqvist contacts Harold Bloom and begins working on his own version of Notes on Ulysses. He publishes, sells tens of thousands of copies, and joins Dr. Nick Fargnoli on a tour of Joyce's favorite Irish pubs. While reading at the bar, a near-room temperature Guinness slides down his once-wounded throat and he remembers that miles away and long ago, he played hockey...but he was never just a hockey player. He's a fashion icon, world class athlete, amateur neurosurgeon, and literary critic.

This is just beautiful.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia

mind_blown.gif

BroadwayJay*

Greetings from the future!

I've just returned from 2025 where, in fact, Henrik Lundqvist (or B.H. Lundqvist as he's now known) went on to become the foremost Joyce scholar in the world.

Here is the cover of his seminal work:

4QZeWYo.png

Just some updates:

2014-15: Lundqvist quits NHL to study in Ireland. Islanders lose Stanley Cup in six to surging Oilers who get in at 8th seed. Rangers finish 27th in the league and win the lottery. Tampa Bay selects Connor McDavid with the first pick of the NHL draft.

2015-16: John Tavares wins Hart Trophy and the Islanders win the first of the next eight cups they'll win in a row.

2019-20: The angry Suffolk fans were right, there was an out clause and the Islanders exercise it and move into the newly renovated Nassau Coliseum, which now features 9000 seats, two fewer bathrooms and only one food option: the guy selling pretzels outside after the game. Josh Bailey wins his third Conn Smythe to the surprise of no one.

2023-24: The Islanders finally lose a Stanley Cup to the frequent nail to the Islander hammer: darlings of the Western Conference Vancouver. Canada rejoices in the first cup for the downtrodden Canucks. Tearfully John Tavares retires and is elected to the Hall of Fame immediately, he is introduced by Radek Martinek.

2024-25: Jack Capuano finally steps down as head coach of the Islanders and is replaced by longtime beloved assistant Greg Cronin.

scott99

May 13, 2005

I've just returned from 2025 where, in fact, Henrik Lundqvist (or B.H. Lundqvist as he's now known) went on to become the foremost Joyce scholar in the world.

4QZeWYo.png

Just some updates:

2014-15: Lundqvist quits NHL to study in Ireland. Islanders lose Stanley Cup in six to surging Oilers who get in at 8th seed. Rangers finish 27th in the league and win the lottery. Tampa Bay selects Connor McDavid with the first pick of the NHL draft.

2015-16: John Tavares wins Hart Trophy and the Islanders win the first of the next eight cups they'll win in a row.

2019-20: The angry Suffolk fans were right, there was an out clause and the Islanders exercise it and move into the newly renovated Nassau Coliseum, which now features 9000 seats, two fewer bathrooms and only one food option: the guy selling pretzels outside after the game. Josh Bailey wins his third Conn Smythe to the surprise of no one.

2023-24: The Islanders finally lose a Stanley Cup to the frequent nail to the Islander hammer: darlings of the Western Conference Vancouver. Canada rejoices in the first cup for the downtrodden Canucks. Tearfully John Tavares retires and is elected to the Hall of Fame immediately, he is introduced by Radek Martinek.

2024-25: Jack Capuano finally steps down as head coach of the Islanders and is replaced by longtime beloved assistant Greg Cronin.

Post of the year, so far.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007

4QZeWYo.png

Just some updates:

I am so happy that Future Hank has a great life in his rearview. We lost a great player but gained a brilliant scholar. Thanks for the update, Quantum Leap Jay.

BroadwayJay*

I am so happy that Future Hank has a great life in his rearview. We lost a great player but gained a brilliant scholar. Thanks for the update, Quantum Leap Jay.

Yeah its been a wild ride. You won't believe how sweet the new Nassau Coliseum app is in the future. They deliver a pizza that tastes like a cardboard box directly to your seat!

I really enjoyed using it at the jersey retirement ceremony for Donovan's 46 back in '23

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County

4QZeWYo.png

Just some updates:

LOL

sadly i think the most likely of those is capuano is still our coach in 10 years.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Yeah its been a wild ride. You won't believe how sweet the new Nassau Coliseum app is in the future. They deliver a pizza that tastes like a cardboard box directly to your seat!

I really enjoyed using it at the jersey retirement ceremony for Donovan's 46 back in '23

May 46 long hang in the rafters of the NVMC, which is also where I assume they will eventually put the fourth men's room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad