Larkin vs Barzal

Larkin vs Barzal

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hahahax

Apr 2, 2018
Barzal should put up bigger numbers, but Larkin has a huge defensive advantage at this point.

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
I'm gonna go with the PPG kid who won the Calder, and it's not even a close one.

Larkin has a great two-way game, but I mean look at how Barzal plays. He's fast, has the best edges in the league, can pass, score, defend, he plays the game the right way. That's not a shot against Larkin, he's a great player too, but Barzal is at least 2 tiers above him. I see Larkin topping out at around 75-85 points while playing a great two-way game. Barzal really doesn't have an offensive ceiling, and his two-way game is only going to get better.

Hahahax

Apr 2, 2018
I'm gonna go with the PPG kid who won the Calder, and it's not even a close one.

Larkin has a great two-way game, but I mean look at how Barzal plays. He's fast, has the best edges in the league, can pass, score, defend, he plays the game the right way. That's not a shot against Larkin, he's a great player too, but Barzal is at least 2 tiers above him. I see Larkin topping out at around 75-85 points while playing a great two-way game. Barzal really doesn't have an offensive ceiling, and his two-way game is only going to get better.

Larkin is currently on a better point per game pace than Barzal by a decent margin.
Larkin has a physical edge to his game.
Larkin wins a lot of faceoffs and his coach actually let's him take faceoffs.
Larkin shoots on net about twice as much Barzal.
Larkin played a minute less of PP and a minute more of PK per game yet outproduces Barzal.
Larkin is the much better defensive player AINEC in that department.
And as good as Barzal's skating is: Larkin is the faster skater.
Barzal has the sick rookie season striking people's imagination, the better passing and puckhandling.

Tell me about those 2 tiers Barzal has on Larkin WITH FACTS instead of listing random things.

Also, Larkin does all that by having some of the hardest minutes in the NHL, while Barzal is one of the most protected first line players in the NHL.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017

This is hilarious, everything you mentioned about Brazel describes Larkin, and it gets even funnier when you say "it's not even close" LOL...

This season Larkin has been better, no questions about it, and seeing how they're only a year apart, the potential is a moot discussion.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

... You do realize Larkin is pacing 75+ this year, right?

Reactions: NotLeddy

Mar 26, 2010
Tough poll both players are awesome. Larkin is massively underrated.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010

Larkin topping out at 75 points? So this season will be his best ever? At age 21 oook. And Barzal has no offensive ceiling? What does that even mean? That he's going to score infinity points every year?

Larkin is as good or better than Barzal in every category you just listed with much harder minutes, much worse linemates on a much worse team. Its fine if you think Barzal will end up better, but your reasoning is astonishingly bad.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Larkin topping out at 75 points? So this season will be his best ever? At age 21 oook. And Barzal has no offensive ceiling? What does that even mean? That he's going to score infinity points every year?

Larkin is as good or better than Barzal in every category you just listed with much harder minutes, much worse linemates on a much worse team. Its fine if you think Barzal will end up better, but your reasoning is astonishingly bad.

Larkin is 22 (and has been all season) and in his 4th season. It wouldn't be surprising to have his best year or that he stops making significant strides offensively from this point. It also depends on where league scoring goes from here and if this spike will continue. His scoring this year isn't as far ahead of last year as the raw numbers suggest. He's also only 2/3 through the season. He hasn't hit 75 points just yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad