Larkin voted to All-Star Game

Avery Rule

Jun 1, 2010
:yo: Gonna be a good all star game for sure, can't get much better than Larkin and Scott:naughty:

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Headed to the all star game.

Works out pretty good the team -- vets and the goalies can get a rest now.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Realistically I don't think any wings player deserves to go but Larkin has been our best player so I'm glad it's him. Plus our vets need the rest

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Believe he was the only rookie selected.

Gibson

Realistically I don't think any wings player deserves to go but Larkin has been our best player so I'm glad it's him. Plus our vets need the rest

Yeah, guys like Hoffman and Ryan might be more deserving -- they're having good years. Probably not having such good years though that it'd be considered like a major snub or anything like that.

But yeah, like ya said, since every teams gotta be represented, he's the right choice from the Wings.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands

Maybe Mrazek or Marchenko as a wildcard. Think the league took the hint this year and didn't select people that would suddenly have an 'injury' right before the ASG. So no Dats or Z.

deltawing

Feb 22, 2009
MI
Over the moon about this news! Couldn't be happier for him and his future with the Red Wings! I'll definitely be watching the All Star festivities this year because of him.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Plus our vets need the rest

Yeah, Zetterberg and Datsyuk never want to go to these things anyway. Remember when Lidstrom got suspended?

Awesome for Larkin. What a ride he's on this year. Didn't even know if he was going to stay on the roster and now he's headed to the all-star game. Exciting stuff. Hopefully he keeps building on that.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Yeah, Zetterberg and Datsyuk never want to go to these things anyway. Remember when Lidstrom got suspended?

Awesome for Larkin. What a ride he's on this year. Didn't even know if he was going to stay on the roster and now he's headed to the all-star game. Exciting stuff. Hopefully he keeps building on that.
Exactly. Perfect compromise. It's exciting for Larkin, and the other guys get stay home and rest.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Realistically I don't think any wings player deserves to go but Larkin has been our best player so I'm glad it's him.

Two players were selected from Pittsburgh :laugh:

I don't care about the all-star game but good for Larkin. Wonder what the odds would have been for that before the season started.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I'm happy Larkin is our representative but looking at the teams I doubt we'll get to see him beyond their first game.

I don't think it matters which division the Atlantic matches up against, on paper at least I feel like our division has the weakest team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad