Large improvement shown in Montreal Canadiens' prospect pool

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The Montreal Canadiens' prospects as a group have shown solid improvement to their overall games this season. Some players have struggled with injuries and finding their games again but most of the group are exceeding their play of last year. The organization's depth and skill in their talent pool is probably the best it's been in quite some time.

Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher have surprised Canadiens fans with their stellar play at the NHL level and have been a big part of the team's early success this season. Gabriel Dumont and Magnus Nygren are new to the list, having made big jumps in their development so far this year while Louis Leblanc has struggled through an injury and is having a bit of a setback in his growth towards being an NHL player.… read more

More...

PricePkPatch*

We have a prospect named Magnus?!?! :amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed:

THIS IS SO AWESOME

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

The Montreal Canadiens' prospects as a group have shown solid improvement to their overall games this season. Some players have struggled with injuries and finding their games again but most of the group are exceeding their play of last year. The organization's depth and skill in their talent pool is probably the best it's been in quite some time.

Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher have surprised Canadiens fans with their stellar play at the NHL level and have been a big part of the team's early success this season. Gabriel Dumont and Magnus Nygren are new to the list, having made big jumps in their development so far this year while Louis Leblanc has struggled through an injury and is having a bit of a setback in his growth towards being an NHL player.… read more

More...

I like these rankings better than the future watch rankings. Except for Hudon. He should be at 10 and Holland at 13. Hudon has such natural smarts for game...he should develop much more than Holland. Hudon been by himself on most nights

David Thicke

May 6, 2011
Montreal, QC
I like these rankings better than the future watch rankings. Except for Hudon. He should be at 10 and Holland at 13. Hudon has such natural smarts for game...he should develop much more than Holland. Hudon been by himself on most nights

Don't be surprised if Hudon is up in the top ten by the next Top 20 list as I prefer to see the whole season not just half of it to decide any bigger move of a player. I would have loved to see how Hudon's play at the 2013 WJC tournament against the elite of his age group. He still needs to show more to reach the same overall game that Holland had in his last two years in junior. Hudon is probably the better scorer between the two but Holland is a better playmaker and has the bigger frame to get larger. Holland's hockey IQ is off the charts and he has always improved with each year at any level. Dietz could be ahead of Ellis soon as well. The 5th-12th and 15th- down are really close together for me and it's simply a matter of time to see how it's all going to play out development wise.

Nattinen was a HRM but didn't get into the article. Thanks for reading the article!:cheers:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Don't be surprised if Hudon is up in the top ten by the next Top 20 list as I prefer to see the whole season not just half of it to decide any bigger move of a player. I would have loved to see how Hudon's play at the 2013 WJC tournament against the elite of his age group. He still needs to show more to reach the same overall game that Holland had in his last two years in junior. Hudon is probably the better scorer between the two but Holland is a better playmaker and has the bigger frame to get larger. Holland's hockey IQ is off the charts and he has always improved with each year at any level. Dietz could be ahead of Ellis soon as well. The 5th-12th and 15th- down are really close together for me and it's simply a matter of time to see how it's all going to play out development wise.

Nattinen was a HRM but didn't get into the article. Thanks for reading the article!:cheers:

That sounds good...but just see Holland long shot to make NHL while Hudon at this point much better odds. Unless Holland is turned into a defensive guru like a Niclas Sundstrom...I can't see enough there to make NHL. How I see Holland's ceiling.

David Thicke

May 6, 2011
Montreal, QC
That sounds good...but just see Holland long shot to make NHL while Hudon at this point much better odds. Unless Holland is turned into a defensive guru like a Niclas Sundstrom...I can't see enough there to make NHL. How I see Holland's ceiling.

Hudon has had injury issues each season as he can play chippy and needs to bulk up. Holland is a bigger longshot but only if Hudon actually can get to the NHL. It doesn't mean that Hudon won't make it, just anything can happen to him and Holland hasn't had any injury issues ever in his career so far. Hudon is a 7.5D rating for a reason and Holland is a 7.0C for another reason. Hudon has higher potential but still has more to work on. The Top 20 list is based on all the points at the moment I write it, not just better odds of making it to the NHL.

You are entitled to your opinion and that's great, keep it coming as I appreciate all comments. Everyone see players differently just like next week any player could put it all together and people go, WOW but then he's injured and can't recover his game again. It takes a lot to get to the NHL and what is done at the junior level can sometimes be all there is for a player while others keep improving right in the NHL. We just never really know how a player will turn out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad