Trade: [LAR/HOU] Brandin Cooks and 2022 4th round pick for 2020 2nd round pick

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Criticizing O'Brien is just easy at this point but he deserves it. They gave up a 2nd round pick for Cooks, who is coming off of his worst season as a pro after suffering multiple concussions. He also has a cap number of nearly $17M with some future guarantees still left on the deal. He'll probably be good for them if he can stay healthy but it just doesn't seem smart when you look at the entire picture, including the fact that this is one of the deepest WR drafts in some time. If (big if) they can all stay healthy, Watson throwing to Cooks and Fuller could be fun to watch so there's that.

Good move for the Rams. They needed to move salary and acquire picks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josepho

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
They would have gotten less criticism keeping Hopkins and just trading a 2nd for David Johnson.

O'Brien has no clue what he's doing.

They're top 3 WR are all injury prone. Would be surprised if they get 30 games combined out of Cooks, Fuller and Cobb.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Big dead cap hit this year but this trade is obviously about 2021 and beyond. I think we know we will not be contending this year, 49ers and Seahawks are just simply better teams, and I'm not counting out Arizona also doing well. In 2021 we'll have about $66 million in cap space, more than enough to extend Ramsey and improve the LBs and OL. Our OL group to end the season last year ended up playing ok, focus on that in the draft and also grab a WR like Reagor and our offense will be fine.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Going to his 4th team before he turns 27, and it's not like he's a journeyman caliber player. Wild.

member 157595

O'Brien sucks so hard that he can get a golf ball through a garden hose.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
They would have gotten less criticism keeping Hopkins and just trading a 2nd for David Johnson.

O'Brien has no clue what he's doing.

They're top 3 WR are all injury prone. Would be surprised if they get 30 games combined out of Cooks, Fuller and Cobb.

Coutee is injury prone too. Not sure how much better Cooks is than Kenny Stills come to think of it.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

The All-In approach worked for the Rams, but they didn't win the big one when they had the chance and now oh boy the chickens have come home to roost :amazed:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.

The All-In approach worked for the Rams, but they didn't win the big one when they had the chance and now oh boy the chickens have come home to roost :amazed:

At least they managed to get value for Cooks. I'm surprised they didn't have to cut him. Embarrassing trade by BOB.

The Rams will hurt and take a step back this year but these moves open up a lot of space for 2 years from now. Better to admit your mistakes and move on then double down on them.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
At least they managed to get value for Cooks. I'm surprised they didn't have to cut him. Embarrassing trade by BOB.

The Rams will hurt and take a step back this year but these moves open up a lot of space for 2 years from now. Better to admit your mistakes and move on then double down on them.

Its actually surprising what they got back. Surprising in the sense he was traded for 1st round picks twice and still retained the value of a 2nd round pick the third time. Not many players hold that value so its shocking he did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad