Trade: [LAR/DEN] Von Miller for 2022 2nd and 2022 3rd

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Now we know why they were moving out cap space. Strange thing is they traded with the same team.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Rams are going all in, damn. This core better win a Super Bowl because with the draft picks they’ve given up over the past few years, it’s going to be a long rebuild.

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
What are draft picks anyways… their fall is gunna be hard and fast at some point

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Von is a god in Denver so this is tough for that franchise to stomach
I mean his name is all over every jersey of the fans in the stands

When a guy almost single handily wins you a super bowl, it's tough to trade that away even if he is on the downside of his career

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I figured they had something up their sleeve when they randomly traded young a few weeks ago

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Von isn't what he was in the Broncos championship days but putting a guy like him besides Aaron Donald? Look the f*** out.

It kinda reminds me of what the Broncos did with oddly enough, a young Von Miller and a declining DeMarcus Ware. He might not be a terror on his own any more but you put him beside a guy that demands that much attention? Could be a boon.

Also lol draft picks, who needs them right?

Reactions: tacogeoff

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Von isn't what he was in the Broncos championship days but putting a guy like him besides Aaron Donald? Look the f*** out.

It kinda reminds me of what the Broncos did with oddly enough, a young Von Miller and a declining DeMarcus Ware. He might not be a terror on his own any more but you put him beside a guy that demands that much attention? Could be a boon.

Also lol draft picks, who needs them right?
Picks can be overvalued.

what did the Jags do with their 2 1st round picks for Ramsey?

what have the Dolphins done with the 3 firsts and a 2nd for Tunsil and Fitzpatrick?

what did the raiders do with their 2 firsts for Mack?

end of the day, you have to make those picks count or use the pick and the freed up cap space to do something.

so for the Rams, might as well push all in. They host the SB this year as well.

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
I would agree with picks only matter what you do with them, but when you don’t have any, your depth suffers significantly. And they haven’t had what a 1st rd pick for 5-6 years now… and they haven’t won squat yet (yes a SB appearance)… they have a lot of big money spent right now…they need cheap young players to fill holes but keep choosing to mortgage, if they win, it will go unnoticed. They will happily fall at some point, if not it’s gunna be a sad couple years in LA, even more so when Kroenke has to write that STL check

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Picks can be overvalued.

what did the Jags do with their 2 1st round picks for Ramsey?

what have the Dolphins done with the 3 firsts and a 2nd for Tunsil and Fitzpatrick?

what did the raiders do with their 2 firsts for Mack?

end of the day, you have to make those picks count or use the pick and the freed up cap space to do something.

so for the Rams, might as well push all in. They host the SB this year as well.

I mean sure picks are overvalued. But when you're shipping literally every one you have out that becomes a significant problem down the road.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Nice move for the Rams.

Definitely Super Bowl or bust though. I'd love it if I was a fan of their team.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Nice move for the Rams.

Definitely Super Bowl or bust though. I'd love it if I was a fan of their team.

This is draft schmaft at its finest. You can hardly blame them though; when their window passes they were already completely screwed prior to this deal so why not go big while you still can to increase the chance of your going big paying off?

Reactions: Tuggy

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I do understand this from both parties

I’m glad Denver has realized they are trash
Getting picks helps as they weren’t going anywhere this season and this is the final year of Von’s contract

LA has been all in for awhile so picks don’t matter.

those picks can help denver move around the draft easier to get the players they want

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Targeting Brady and his Bucks.
Win the NFC and roll the dice in the SB.
As mentioned Miller is on the back of like 70% of the jerseys in colorado ,goodwill will be flooded with them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I mean sure picks are overvalued. But when you're shipping literally every one you have out that becomes a significant problem down the road.
Yes. It does impact your depth. Rams can’t afford multiple injuries to the same position group. Would get really ugly for them.

you can sign vets to deals if they want to be on a contender. But vets in their 30’s don’t play special teams. So that unit takes a big hit without rookie deal players.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
People criticize us for going all in every year but personally I don't understand why more teams don't do it. I guess the fact that we draft really well in the back half of the draft makes it a bit more viable for us than teams that struggle to develop from within but I love that this is our MO so I love this deal. Miller helps us out tremendously and I've long hoped that one of these years we'd go all in for an EDGE at the deadline, as having an elite player there makes our defense crazy.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
People criticize us for going all in every year but personally I don't understand why more teams don't do it. I guess the fact that we draft really well in the back half of the draft makes it a bit more viable for us than teams that struggle to develop from within but I love that this is our MO so I love this deal. Miller helps us out tremendously and I've long hoped that one of these years we'd go all in for an EDGE at the deadline, as having an elite player there makes our defense crazy.
Miller is still a good to very good player. No longer as dominate as Donald is now at his age. But they just need him to be good and now he will only get 1 on 1 as the OL has to double Donald.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad