RDS: L'antichambre

Xzotik*

Did Michel Bergeron quit..? Haven't seen him in a while on the show.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Lots of you are misunderstanding the thing. It's a TV show. It needs ratings. If Cheery would be able to speak french they would have him on the show. 4 french guys ganging up on the ENGLISH guy in Quebec sells the show. PJ is pro Boston the most hated team in Quebec, it's a great idea to have PJ on the show to spark the action. RDS at times sure needs a " Gerry Springer " spark. OK, did you all WATCH THE SHOW???
We watch the show because we love the Habs, we NEED more Hab talk after each game so we watch the show. The bean counters LOVE it when tons of people are watching. PJ Stock is who he is and that is EXACTLY why they invite him, he provokes and represents ENGLISH Canada and Boston, speaks enough French to get by but NOT enough to win an argument. PJ is setup to be the bad guy and he sure plays it well. I don't care what others hate, I almost always watch the show, it sure is entertaining at times.

someone understands programming ;)

The production of RDS is light years ahead of most local NHL shows. It's pretty impressive but I can only take so much, their bias runs deep.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
someone understands programming ;)

The production of RDS is light years ahead of most local NHL shows. It's pretty impressive but I can only take so much, their bias runs deep.

BIAS? YES and why NOT. HNIC and TSN?
RDS is only doing a " two can play that game". If YOU chose to watch RDS it's because YOU want Habs news or a Hab perspective or lets face it a French perspective. You have the right to agree with the RDS team or NOT but clearly RDS does ask questions that do pertain to the Habs as a Quebec team, nobody else does this. You have to be a Quebecer to truly understand what the Habs represent to the Quebec people. Àlso it is TRUE that if you are a truly bilingual person you DO understand all the underlying and double meaning comments, it makes some debates very very interesting indeed. You just could NOT have this show in unilingual western Canada. This show is designed for QUEBEC and the ratings show a HUGE viewership each day, game day or not. The producers know exactly what they are doing in choosing each guest.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
There are two things I appreciate.

1. Rds letting PJ participate though he's anglo
2. PJ's effort at speaking french.

Same goes for tsn. Love that they added Biron.

Networks should promote inter-bilingualism.

But Biron is much more professional than Clown PJ.

Imagine if every third word out of Biron was French, looking for an English translation, that he continuously butchered the English language to the point where he was incomprehensible and that he was blatantly pro-Montreal and anti Leafs ... how long would he last on TSN?

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
An equivalent PJ clown would be someone like Gaston Therrien, who obviously is a Hab homer and whose English is barely comprehensible. Why would they want him on Leafs TV as a member of a panel discussing Leafs games? Could you imagine Gaston on such a show, bashing the Leafs continuously while murdering the English language and speaking French half the time while praising the Habs?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Right... ****ing P.J Stock is "better" than Vincent Damphousse, Denis Gauthier, Mathieu Darche...

Do tell us why you think he's better than them, if you please?

I actually like Stock better than them cause he brings in a fresh point of view than the usual Habs homer BS.

The problem is that you don't bring in someone struggling so much with a language on a debate show.

Stock was more at his place on the radio.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Damphousse, Gauthier and Darche are some of the most thoughtful guys on RDS. Stock is mostly a clown that has troubles enunciating ideas clearly in french or english.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Damphousse, Gauthier and Darche are some of the most thoughtful guys on RDS. Stock is mostly a clown that has troubles enunciating ideas clearly in french or english.

Damphousse says silly things from time to time but he's a former NHL all-star. There's some understanding of the game in his mind. He's a lot closer to Charles Barkley as an analyst in the NBA than most current hockey analysts.

I'm not saying you have to be an NHL all-star to get those jobs. It's no requirement. I'd prefer a stint in journalism school as a requirement but that's no promise you'll get a good analyst in the end. But Damphousse provides something guys like Stock and Darche never will.

Also Stock was never shy about where his allegiance in hockey lies:

Stock played for the Rangers, Canadiens, Flyers, and Bruins over the course of eight seasons (235 NHL games) and enjoyed his stay in the Hub of Hockey above all.

''Oh, no question, hands down," said Stock, one of a select few NHLers to receive full pay last season, his compensation based on the fact that he was injured when the 2003-04 season came to an end. ''It's unfortunate it came to an end there, but after I signed a two-year extension [prior to 2003-04], I got moved out pretty quick. I was upset when it ended, but I've got a lot of friends still there. Just a great place -- the fans have such a passion for hockey, and that makes it a great place."

And no, the "Hub of Hockey" is not Montreal.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Damphousse says silly things from time to time but he's a former NHL all-star. There's some understanding of the game in his mind. He's a lot closer to Charles Barkley as an analyst in the NBA than most current hockey analysts.

I'm not saying you have to be an NHL all-star to get those jobs. It's no requirement. I'd prefer a stint in journalism school as a requirement but that's no promise you'll get a good analyst in the end. But Damphousse provides something guys like Stock and Darche never will.

Also Stock was never shy about where his allegiance in hockey lies:

And no, the "Hub of Hockey" is not Montreal.

(the centre of modern ice hockey is Montreal)

While the game's origins lie elsewhere, Montreal is at the centre of the development of modern ice hockey. On March 3, 1875, the first organized indoor game was played at Montreal's Victoria Skating Rink between two nine-player teams, including James Creighton and several McGill University students. Instead of a ball, the game featured a puck (to keep it in the rink—which had boards—and to protect referees). The goal posts were 6 feet (1.8 m) apart, and the game lasted 60 minutes. The goals today are six feet wide as well.

In 1877 several McGill students (including Creighton, Henry Joseph, Richard F. Smith, W. F. Robertson, and W. L. Murray) codified seven ice hockey rules, based on those for field hockey. The McGill University Hockey Club, the first hockey club, was founded in 1877[15] (followed by the Montreal Victorias, organized in 1881).[16]

everything before this was called hurley on the ice and was based in every way on hurley, hurley is NOT modern ice hockey with boards, goals, lines, ice hockey rules and such. Anybody saying hurley on ice is ice hockey is like saying basket ball is like soccer because the ball is round.

Last edited:

HABS win CUPS*

i remember him being on Lantichambre with Patrick Roy last year damn that was funny

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
PJ Stock is an idiot. The guy got a couple of dozen IQ points punched out of his brain during his playing career. You can almost hear the moist, rasping sounds coming from this mouthbreather every time he opens his sewer.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I understand it's not meant as harmful or anything but I wish people appreciated efforts of Franco and Anglo people when speaking the other language. It's the same with Therrien and many others. It's nice to see that in the world of hockey we transcend that. That there's a commoraderie and mutual respect that occurs in hockey between franco and anglos and that we share the same history and passion when it comes to hockey. Maybe it's asking for too much, but I'd like to see the appreciation there instead of the criticism. Don't like the guy's thoughts, analysis etc sure, but why even bring up how he sounds when he tries to speak French? To me it's a sign of respect of him to even try, especially on TV.

HABS win CUPS*

I understand it's not meant as harmful or anything but I wish people appreciated efforts of Franco and Anglo people when speaking the other language. It's the same with Therrien and many others. It's nice to see that in the world of hockey we transcend that. That there's a commoraderie and mutual respect that occurs in hockey between franco and anglos and that we share the same history and passion when it comes to hockey. Maybe it's asking for too much, but I'd like to see the appreciation there instead of the criticism. Don't like the guy's thoughts, analysis etc sure, but why even bring up how he sounds when he tries to speak French? To me it's a sign of respect of him to even try, especially on TV.

anglais...francais il ne parvient jamais

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Completely agree.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
There are two things I appreciate.

1. Rds letting PJ participate though he's anglo
2. PJ's effort at speaking french.

Same goes for tsn. Love that they added Biron.

Networks should promote inter-bilingualism.
I appreciate that they allow the mentally challenged to be on their panels. Really nice of them to have equal opportunity broadcasting even if none of these Tarzans know what they're talking about.

bergyletigre

Mar 2, 2014
Montréal
I don't mind PJ... I appreciate the effort he does.

I also wanted to point out that TSN have François Gagnon and Marc Antoine Godin from time to time.

I agree with the others... we need more of those cross-overs.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Well Darche was good at what exactly? Those intangibles?

Stock would be a player more teammates prefer.

Damphousse is obviously way more skilled, but he's such a pacifist. I am so glad he was nout given our GM spot because he would have made this team soooooooo freakin soft. Cant stand his views on the game nowadays.

Besides, would you rather listen to Gagnon?

I think he was referring more to the aspect of being in a hockey talk show. You say P.J. is good because he isn't always taking the side of french players like the rest of them, but he also have his things like bashing PK everytime he can.

Of all the guys currently on l'antichambre, Darche and Damphousse are actually the only one that should stay. Hire knowledgeable guys.

Edit: Maybe Denis Gauthier too, if you need some placeholder.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
I always find myself watching this after the game. For some odd reason tonight i'm really struggling with P.J Stock. Why is this guy on the show? His French is so damn bad it's not even funny. Half his words are in English for pretty much the most horrendous Franglais i've ever heard on French t.v. Is it a joke that they have him on the show week in week out?

His english is terrible as well, not sure how he made the jump from local radio to national television.
He must be the poster boy for "Yes you can" no matter how bad your linguistic skills are

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad